Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife

Originally posted by SouthernCamo View Post
    Found this point/spearhead/scraper in South Texas recently, thing is pink and creme colored, struck me as unique just don't know what it is...
    I think this is a Harahey knife!

Comment

Found this piece this morning in Young County. Looks like part of a metate. Anybody able to confirm this?

Comment

Heck yeah. Complete and really well dished.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Heck yeah. Complete and really well dished.

GarGuy, shouldn't it be dished or bowl like on both ends? I think it's broke in about half but you may know better. Either way, to me it is a huge find. I consider this a better trophy than the 10 point I let walk earlier on.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
            shouldn't it be dished or bowl like on both ends?
            Not really.
            Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cisco Jack View Post
              Not really.
              Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not.

Interesting! Thank you sir!

Comment

every time i go to the ranch hunting i never see any deer any more.
                thats because all i do is look down looking for arrowheads. ill post some finds tonite.

Comment

Originally posted by hank57 View Post
                  every time i go to the ranch hunting i never see any deer any more.
                  thats because all i do is look down looking for arrowheads. ill post some finds tonite.

I have the same problem hank!

Comment

Here Are a few others I found recently. ..and one sharks tooth that is pretty big. I wish I had the entire arrowhead of the one in the middle. What kind is it? Thoughts on the other two?

Comment

I'm thinking that the long shanked broken one is a Wells.
                      GarDude or Johnny will likely know for sure.
                      Like that other one. What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cisco Jack View Post
                        I'm thinking that the long shanked broken one is a Wells.
                        GarDude or Johnny will likely know for sure.
                        Like that other one. What is it?
                        I believe it (the complete arrowhead) is a clovis.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                          I believe it (the complete arrowhead) is a clovis.
                          No, Its not a Clovis but it is paleo. Its a Hells Gap. About 11,000 years old. Darn nice point. The skinny stem is Wells.

Comment

My F-I-L is always looking for arrowheads when I take him out to my places. He has a huge collection, mainly from when he was a boy growing up south of San Antonio.

He has gotten my boys into it as well. In fact, the other day I was at the lease and needed to open a plastic package to add a part to one of my feeders. I didn't have a knife handy so I searched my truck to no avail. All I could find was a flint arrowhead/cutting tool in my center console so I used that to open the package. Hundreds of years later, it worked like a charm!

Comment

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Found this today. What are the thoughts on the period?

Comment

Stopped on way back from Rockport today to dig at a place in central Texas near Moody. It was a muddy mess but we found a couple.

Comment

Working...
                                X