No announcement yet.

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AZ&F that mano and metate is too cool! Somebody sat right there at that spot, perhaps thousands of years ago and ground stuff up for their food. That is awesome. Is it near the edge of a hill or a spring or anything? Have you located any camps near that stone?

Comment

Originally posted by TCarmichael View Post
      I found this tonight. I'm still green at identifying them so I try to look them up. Is this a Marcos point from the Late to Transitional Archaic?

That is what I would call it....

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
        This rock is very big, and mostly buried.
        That would make some nice yard art.

Comment

Originally posted by JANSLEY817 View Post
          Do these look like anything guys? Found in Cleburne
          yes that is some worked flint. Possible camp near by........

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
            yes that is some worked flint. Possible camp near by........
            any idea what it may have been? I was thinking a scraper maybe. My girlfriend's brother found it in his yard.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
              AZ&F that mano and metate is too cool! Somebody sat right there at that spot, perhaps thousands of years ago and ground stuff up for their food. That is awesome. Is it near the edge of a hill or a spring or anything? Have you located any camps near that stone?
              Yes, it is cool. One day, a person set that rock down for the last time and never came back. What happened? Did he/she die that day? Did he relocate? Did he know it was the last time? Was he alone? How old was he? What was his name?

It's located 50-to-70 yards from a 50 ft bluff overlooking the North Llano. We've found several other points, as well.

Comment

I enjoy looking for artifacts, what ever I find I tend to marvel at it.

Comment

Some recent finds here at ranch.

Comment

Neat stuff. Its almost all middle Archaic 3,000-5,000 years old. I like the willow leaf shaped knife at the bottom. Couple of broken Covington/Friday blades, an ensor, several preforms,...

The black one in the second row from the bottom is interesting. Pics of both side would help but its pretty beat up.

Comment

Originally posted by papadoc View Post
                      Surface find in Denton County
                      That looks very much like an Andice preform. it was clearly used as a knife in its curent shape. Very nice Archaic knife.

Comment

Thank you very much. Where would I find more information?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                          Yes, it is cool. One day, a person set that rock down for the last time and never came back. What happened? Did he/she die that day? Did he relocate? Did he know it was the last time? Was he alone? How old was he? What was his name?

It's located 50-to-70 yards from a 50 ft bluff overlooking the North Llano. We've found several other points, as well.

These are the same questions I think of with every piece I find whether it be flakes, brokens, or whatever. We're the flakes left by an elder as he taught a youngster the trade? What were times like back then? What did the country look like? It's these things that keep me digging and hunting artifacts!

Comment

A few from recent trips. Looks like I'm losing my lease so I'll have to find a new place to search.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I saw this on the Digging Texas FB page. Pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                                I saw this on the Digging Texas FB page. Pretty cool.
                                wow... that is cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X