No announcement yet.

East Texas Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like rifle season over here, last hour been 15-20 rifle shots. I know they were no shotgun shots , 2 distinctly different sounds.

Comment

On opening day, it sounded like the idiots on the adjacent lease were trying to use up all of last year's ammo. Lasted for hours...

Comment

Wind picked up, saw 3 does, down wind of course. They either didn't like my smell or Mrs Doe Pee, so the turned around. No stomping no snorts. .. Now where are the Bucks?

Comment

Beautiful morning

Comment

Good luck this am. All im seeing are tree ninjas at my feedee

Comment

Leon county oak flat this morning. One yearling buck earlier. Lotta squirrels

Comment

Any Pachyderms?

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                  [ATTACH]749750[/ATTACH]
                  Christmas tree farm?

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                    Christmas tree farm?

No, the owner planted the pines for timber harvest

Comment

Had a great time at the lease this weekend. We broke out the boomsticks and the 3 of us there each scored a doe. We're 1/3 of the way to meeting our doe quota for the year now, which is great because we've had some trouble with it the last few years.

I actually missed on my first shot (first time I've missed a deer in years...was in shock when she didn't fall over) but with literally 1 minute of legal shooting time remaining I capitalized on a chance for redemption.

The weather forecast doesn't look to bode well for hunting over the next week so I may not be doing too much till it quits but that's ok. We need the rain something fierce and I sure don't want to see forest fires popping up right now.
                      Last edited by Etxbuckman; 10-18-2015, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Took my 6 and 7 year old boys up to the lease this weekend. Luckily, my Mom was there too, so she volunteered to keep them busy while I was in the ground blind. Love you Mom! The three of us got to break out the .22 and work on their shooting with iron sights. Not much better than continuing family tradition.

Only thing I saw in the blind was a huge sow with about 12-14 pint sized piglets. She was out about 18 yards. But right as I was drawing back, she scented me and took off. Maybe next time... I'll be back at it in two weeks. The rut will hopefully be in full swing by then.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                          Any Pachyderms?
                          I've got 'em thinned out. Did see a few emu tracks and some zebra hair on a fence crossing. I'll keep ya updated!

Comment

Had 2 mature bucks chasing does today in Hopkins county. Ive never seen this chase this early. Talked to a neighbor about a half mile away and he had a buck mount a doe on camera?! Seem awful early for them to be acting this way around here. Most of the time i see it around Thanksgiving.. Anyone else?

Comment

Need age of these guys.
                              Hardin Co , Honey Island

Comment

are those dates correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X