Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Coolest artifact find EVER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Hope he didnt get that off ebay. There was aguy making those a while back. The sawed end of the vertebrae made to look ancient when they didnt have saws would worry me. maybe there is another explaination.
    My buddy is LEO and is a stand-up guy. Known him from my church. if you look closely in the second pic, you can see pieces of bone slivers pushed through upon impact.

Comment

It cant be too old to be human if the animal was killed by a human.

Comment

that is a cool find for sure

Comment

It cant be too old to be human if the animal was killed by a human.
          You're the TBH artifact resident expert. Look closely and see if you can spot any signs of modern tooling, etc. I don't know a thing about them.

Comment

Post some more pics Leon

Looks like a cow or horse sized vertebrae

First pic I can't make out anything, I thought he was excited he found a vertebrae lol

Comment

There's one of these that a guy loaned to the Chisholm Trail Heritage Center in Duncan OK, that shows a flint arrowhead lodged in a buffalo vertebrae, which would have severed the spinal cord and killed the animal instantly....

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                Post some more pics Leon

Looks like a cow or horse sized vertebrae

First pic I can't make out anything, I thought he was excited he found a vertebrae lol
                Its a tab bit over two inches long. Could be a deer. Look at the second pic. you can see it thru the hole.

Comment

What a find !!! This cool for sure !!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                    My buddy is LEO and is a stand-up guy. Known him from my church. if you look closely in the second pic, you can see pieces of bone slivers pushed through upon impact.
                    Man I wasnt saying he was a bad guy. I was just afraid he bought it from a bad guy. Those have become a running joke over on arrowheadology because a guy sold a bunch on ebay that he made up with authentic arrowheads and deer vertebrae he got from a deer processing plant.

The only thing that bugged me was that the end of the spine looked like it was sawed. I would love to see some more high resolution pics. If it is authentic, its awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                      You're the TBH artifact resident expert. Look closely and see if you can spot any signs of modern tooling, etc. I don't know a thing about them.
                      o.k. now I see the arrow head.

Comment

I didn't even notice the arrowhead at first. Awesome find!

Comment

That's a cool find

Comment

Man I wasnt saying he was a bad guy. I was just afraid he bought it from a bad guy. Those have become a running joke over on arrowheadology because a guy sold a bunch on ebay that he made up with authentic arrowheads and deer vertebrae he got from a deer processing plant.

The only thing that bugged me was that the end of the spine looked like it was sawed. I would love to see some more high resolution pics. If it is authentic, its awesome!
                            Brother I know! I wasn't diggin' at ya in any way! I'd figured you'd be the guy to go to I really enjoy your arrowhead threads!

Comment

The first pic...

I hope this helps on the first pic.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Awesome find.

Comment

Working...
                                X