Community Live Hunt TBH Hagerman Segment A Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real sorry about the buck Dan...

Keep after it Mike and Timm. Good things happen to good people!!

Comment

In a new spot near sagebrush assassin, coming down to the wire. I have a good feeling about these spots we are in this evening, hope tonight is the night for one of us. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Dan I'm so sorry you did not find him, are you gonna continue looking further tomorrow? What was the verdict on a dog, I know they have let them in before...

Comment

The consinsus from everone who saw trail is that he is alive. Sure hope so.

Comment

What could you have hit at 22 yards and not get a pass through but the shot not be fatal? I would think just about any broadhead would blow through any non fatal area at 22 yards. I haven't killed many deer with my bow I'm just thinking outloud here. Hope you find it.

Comment

That troubles me also. Bow is at 74 pounds. 297 fps. Definatlly didn't pass through

Comment

I'd be searching for days. The amount of blood doesn't mean it's not dead. Quartering to may have hit back leg. I've hit deer that I thought were slightly quartering and once found the shot was harder quartering than I thought. Maybe too late for a dog, but I wouldn't give up on that deer being dead.

Feel for you, Dan. Don't give up just yet.

Comment

Dang Dan, good luck buddy.. Just catching up on your loss.. Congrats on the other persons buck.. That should buy you good Karma was someone said

Comment

Is it still Hag policy that you have till the next day to recover or it's illegal to retrieve after that?

Hope you find him!

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                      Is it still Hag policy that you have till the next day to recover or it's illegal to retrieve after that?

Hope you find him!
                      He has to be found byno later than Monday,or he becomes property of the refuge just like a shed.

Comment

24 hours, otherwise you'r looking for sheds. Good luck all.

Comment

Kind of sucks that you cannot have the deer returned later but I guess rules are rules. I hope someone stumbles onto him and you get the horns back.

Comment

does anyone have a total on what was killed

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
                              does anyone have a total on what was killed
                              better yet would be some trees for me to sit in for seg B.

Seriously though, it would keep me from having to scout next weekend and screw things up...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                                better yet would be some trees for me to sit in for seg B.

Seriously though, it would keep me from having to scout next weekend and screw things up...
                                wcb I will be scouting also. I had a spot picked but after seeing all the hunters in that area for the A seg I have started thinking about my back up spots

Comment

Working...
                                X