No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GarGuy...is there any type of point you haven't ever found?

Comment

I dont know much about arrowheads but I think that corner notched one is special. How rare is it to find one like that?

Comment

Rare as hen's teeth

Comment

Originally posted by Cisco Jack View Post
          Rare as hen's teeth
          Yepper....Especially in Brazos co.

Comment

Looks like another good day on the Brazos!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              The origional thread was all off the same camp and we definately found enough for a large museum. These are from a new site and there will be enough come out of it to fill any museum ever built. From our test hole, it appears the artifacts will number in the millions..
              I guess that answers my question. There are just to many to have collected all types / variations.

Comment

I haven't been on here in 3 years first thing I had to check out was this thread.

Comment

Yesterday on the Brazos
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                    I guess that answers my question. There are just to many to have collected all types / variations.
                    Actually, I have points from virtually every culture found in east tx.

Comment

Actually, I have points from virtually every culture found in east tx.
                      That's pretty impressive! I've never found a single arrow head!

Comment

Love this thread. Wish I had a place that would bare some arrow heads and cool artifacts. Maybe I need to look harder and Ill get lucky. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Nailhead View Post
                          Love this thread. Wish I had a place that would bare some arrow heads and cool artifacts. Maybe I need to look harder and Ill get lucky. Haha.
                          They are all around you.

Comment

Incredible as always. That site doesn't seem to be slowing down, and from how y'all talk it seems like it's barely started. I'm also interested in the artifacts y'all find out side of 'arrowheads'. Would love to see some of the bones and tools y'all are finding

Comment

Amazing finds Steve!

Comment

LOL. i have already named a type.. Just didnt give it my name. i could care less about the fame.
                                Garguy which one did you name? I would love to see the points. I have been following Huggins threads from Hungerford off the San Bernard. He found two of a very off point and another guy found one south of him on the San Bernard. I hope he finds a cache of them and gets to name the type.

Comment

Working...
                                X