Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at Building A New House Houston Area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayr View Post
    I’ll be looking in Bender’s when we move back in a few years. Resale value in that neighborhood is great, and with the tax rate low it’ll help offset the increased cost of buying.
    My wife really wants to be in Bender’s and I kinda want to but I’m not willing to take on that much debt.

Comment

Man I keep telling you, magnolia, towards Waller and Montgomery is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
        Man I keep telling you, magnolia, towards Waller and Montgomery is the way to go.
        I love out there and I’d buy a house on Lake Conroe or around there but it’s just too far for us to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

I love out there and I’d buy a house on Lake Conroe or around there but it’s just too far for us to drive.
          My suggestion was going to be around Montgomery, but if Magnolia is too far, Montgomery is as well. If you're not worried about kids & schools, there is a nice looking neighborhood just North/East of Conroe called Republic Grand Ranch. The East side of Lake Conroe (Willis area) also has some nice areas left where you can buy land, and there is a neighborhood called Teaswood that last time I checked still had some lots 1 acre or so, at decent prices. My kid is in Montgomery ISD, so I tend to look further out that direction.

I have friends that build, if you need help or a list of contractors to build yourself, my wife is also a realtor if you need help there as well. She's actually a teacher, but does real estate work as a favor for people we know.

Comment

Originally posted by deano70 View Post
            We’re in White Oak Estates just east of the woodlands. I’m on an acre and there’s occasionally lots for sale here. Nice and quiet.
            I checked out your neighborhood this week and like it a lot. It seems to bottle neck over the railroad tracks. How bad is the traffic in am?

There’s a house listed in your neighborhood for 1.5 million that may be the biggest money grab I’ve ever seen.

Last edited by Black Ice; 06-08-2024, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Comment

Why not South, Rosharon area. Thirty min from downtown & 20 minutes to medical center. Only issue currently is construction on 288. My neighbor is selling 2 acres for around 130k. I seen an acre lot for sale by owner, sign was just put out.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa1210 View Post
                  Why not South, Rosharon area. Thirty min from downtown & 20 minutes to medical center. Only issue currently is construction on 288. My neighbor is selling 2 acres for around 130k. I seen an acre lot for sale by owner, sign was just put out.
                  My sales territory is Conroe, New Caney, Porter, Humble, Kingwood, Spring, Huffman and Dayton. Not the greatest area but the growth is coming that way.

I like spending money in the territory I sell stuff in. Not to mention going to Rye Texas would be a haul from down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                    waller county is already expecting 95,000 new residents in the next year. Thats like triple the current population. To add, 100s of homes are being built on 2920 from rosehill to 290 and fairfield area will be passing 99 going west and almost from 290 to 10 already. There is a reason Cy Fair ISD was the fastest growing ISD in the nation.

Comment

That 1314 area is good now, but driving through it, I get the same feeling I had in north Katy about 10 years ago. It's going to be a mad house in 10 years time. Grand Parkway is not big enough to accommodate as it sits now.

That said, what alternative is there based on the requirements you provided? Might have to bite the bullet. I live on 249/99, and that is basically what we did. Right now it's awesome, but the growth just to the west of us is wild. And it's only moving east.

Comment

I personally think you should just buy my house....as soon as I can get Jennie on board with moving to Woodville.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          I personally think you should just buy my house....as soon as I can get Jennie on board with moving to Woodville.
                          I need to come look at it. I’ve been talking about buying a house about as long as you’ve been talking about moving😂.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            Not to mention going to Rye Texas would be a haul from down there.
                            Whats the draw to Rye?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Whats the draw to Rye?

That’s as far as my sales territory goes that I cover.

Comment

Gotcha, not many people reference Rye as a goto place…..other than maybe the ‘brotherhood’ and the like.

Comment

Working...
                                X