Survey: Snake guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    My go-to is a 42" Midwest Industries, with a Gerber Paraframe folder for detaching heads, when needed.
    😁👍

Comment

Single shot 410 in SXS at all times. Deadly on rattlebugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
        This thread sure degraded into a stick measuring contest.

I killed one last year with a set of limb loppers, but they don’t always stay out of the tangles for such a precision job.

And for the record I would rather have snakes than two tomcats !

The Rossi Brawler looks awesome.
        I totally understand on the cats but after moving back to the woods in 2015, from the suburbs, my thinking changed on usage of their hunting skills in my case.

Comment

Taurus Judge with birdshot .410 or a 357 with a rat shot load ready.

Comment

Remington 20 gauge pump in the buggy. Youth model. It's been used 10+ times to good effect.

Comment

Judge and Heritage .22 with snake shot. .410 shells have been hard to find.

Comment

357 rat shot out of a smith model 19

Comment

I Used to keep a Judge in my glove box on my Mule but every time I stepped out of it, it would fall over ! Little .410 snake charmer or .22 pistola now.

Comment

Usually I just use whatever rocks or sticks are handy. There is always a little Browning .22 pistol around that I'll use if I'm feeling lazy. Pretty easy to make head shots with it. Just regular ammo. I don't remember ever buying snake shot in my life.

Comment

At the ranch my PMR 30 22mag always is my go to carry gun. Light and 30rds killed coons, snakes, coyotes, pigs with it.

Comment

I like something with shot - 22mag, 38/357, 45 Colt or 410. My dad has a judge...it works!

Comment

Judge, I have two of them actually. Alternate between bird shot and slugs, just in case I happen to drive up close onto some pigs.

That hasn’t happened lately but it did a few times before I bought one and I couldn’t get to the SBR in time. Now I keep my conceal in as usual and have a Judge as cross draw. Great snake guns and definitely useful with slugs.

Comment

I carry this in my UTV.

European American Arms 38/357 2” Blue Revolver.

Comment

I carry a Judge in a chest holster. Used it more times than I can count for snakes and a few times for other critters.

Comment

I've killed a few since first if year. Started with 22 ratshot, then 22 mag w/ratshot. Found if I wasn't on top of big snakes would just **** them off. Went to 9mm revolver or 38 spl both with ratshot. It rolls them with 1 shot Click image for larger version

Name:	20240508_204354.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	376.4 KB
ID:	26791028

Comment

Working...
                                X