X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survey: Snake guns

What do you carry.?
    Have you ever had to use it?

Judge,been using it more this year than years before,snakes been bad this year.

Comment

We keep a .410 Snake Charmer in the UTV and have used it 3-4 times, most recently this last weekend. I used to load my revolver with . 38 snake shot every time I went to the lease but after several years of not using it I no longer bother

Comment

If you have a common & otherwise cool gun, there really is no need for a specific snake gun like the awful boat anchor judge...38spl / 45acp rat shot up the pipe is really all you need.

Comment

I have rat shot for my pistols. I like to carry my 43x, light and small. Sometimes I'll have the 22 with ratshot.
          not into the 3lb pistols

Comment

I can’t tell you last time I killed a snake, I normally just let them go about their way. Last one was probably a cotton mouth who was in my ground blind. Killed him with my arrow just so I could hunt

Comment

I have never used snake shot to kill a snake. If they are still, I can usually hit them with a bullet. If I miss the head, they’ll normally coil and then you can’t miss. They have to get close to bite anyway.

Comment

Old 12 gauge by the door. I only kill ‘em if they are up by the house or in a blind.

Comment

Now I just carry a .22 auto. When I was on a lease in S. TX, I had a .22 mag revolver. Traded it off after the first time I used it and discovered how unbelievably loud it was.

Comment

.22 but haven't used it since Harvey. Had to cull the massive water moccasin and rattlesnake population that found refuge on my "island". Never seen so many snakes in one place in my life.

Comment

Hard to beat a judge, assuming you are talking pistols

Comment

My normal carry gun. 9mm.

Comment

Little .410 in the SxS everyday.
                          Used it three times on rattlesnakes last year. Other were shot with multi rounds out of a scoped ..22 rifle

I don’t hate snakes and ain’t afraid of them, but the venomous ones are not welcome on our little place.

Wife has a .20 youth pump here at the house.
                          For snakes and anything else bothering her chickens
                          Last edited by Big pig; 05-12-2024, 08:31 PM.

Comment

A good solid stick.

Comment

I carry a Judge. I’ve used it several times.

Comment

Working...
                              X