Oklahoma nonresident license fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma nonresident license fees

Assuming I’m reading the bill correctly, Oklahoma nonresident hunting license for deer is going up to $500 this year. Gun and archery remain separate so if you plan to hunt both it’ll be a cool $1k.

That’s the way I read it. Seems like they are trying to stop non resident hunting altogether.

Comment

No the way I am reading it is it will cost a non-resident $708 to deer hunt with either bow or gun and another $500 to do both seasons. So for a nonresident to gun and bow hunt OK it is $500+$500+ $208=$1208 total.

$500 each for tag cost for bow or gun and $208 license cost.

Someone let me know if this is not right?

Comment

I'm OK with them doing that, just as I am states out west doing the things they're doing.

But for the love of God, as bad as our draw system is here, can we just make it exclusively for residents???

Comment

That sucks, I just got access to 100a that my buddy bought near the red river.

When is this going to happen? Right now the web site has last year prices.
          Last edited by Bassdeer; 03-29-2024, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Dang it man. **** license going to cost me more than my lease. It has been just over $600 for me with bow and rifle. Now it's double that??? Need to look into it more.

Comment

None of this is showing up on the licensing page yet. Does anyone have a link to the details?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                No the way I am reading it is it will cost a non-resident $708 to deer hunt with either bow or gun and another $500 to do both seasons. So for a nonresident to gun and bow hunt OK it is $500+$500+ $208=$1208 total.

$500 each for tag cost for bow or gun and $208 license cost.

Someone let me know if this is not right?
                My buddy who hunts Oklahoma thinks your correct

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                  None of this is showing up on the licensing page yet. Does anyone have a link to the details?
                  Found this.
                  Gov. Stitt signs bill simplifying, increasing Oklahoma hunting, fishing license fees (msn.com)

Last edited by Bassdeer; 03-29-2024, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Getting to the point where an out of state, public land, hiking trip with the bow isn't worth the price of admission.

Comment

It is, unfortunately correct. $500 PER method of take, PLUS $208 for a general hunting license is required. The law is effective July 1. I got an email from Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation about it yesterday.

Gov. Kevin Stitt signed a bill Tuesday raising the cost of most hunting and fishing licenses for the first time since 2003. Hunters and anglers lobbied for the bill despite the price increases.

Comment

So, for archery and rifle, you are looking at $1,208 before even stepping g foot in the state.

Comment

Is the land access fee going up?

I think it's currently $85 for non residents.

Comment

When is Texas going to reciprocate?

Comment

Yeah getting ridiculous the okies seem to be happy keeping us out of state guys out of there . The land owners better start getting the price right for the leases then . Most want way to much money for the leases than they are worth. Reason I’m getting out of Oklahoma. It’s a shame because they do have some big bucks in certain areas of Oklahoma.

Comment

Working...
                              X