Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always a fun thread

Comment

You guys are putting the snack down in em!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Very nice Joe! Congrats to the lady!

Did you call it in or ambush it when you got back on the flock? Seems like several of the folks I know down south hunting them are having to get in their path, because everything is flocked up. Hopefully they are a little more responsive in two weeks when we get to go at them..
        We had to ambush. I did see 4 gobblers by themselves the Wednesday prior but yeah they are mostly flocked right now.

Comment

Dang it, late to the party but all caught up now.

Strong start to the season.

Comment

Excellent hunts!! I haven't turkey hunted in so long, my jake decoys have 12" beards now.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post

That’s what we had to do, couldn’t get them to run to the call. Hopefully they become more responsive as the season progresses
              Whatever it takes to get them in range.....

Comment

Congrats on all the success this weekend South zoners! Good to see a few birds getting knocked down.

Hill country birds were quiet on the limb early Saturday. They finally got going around 8 and gobbled randomly until about 2 PM. Mostly jakes doing the talking though. Got a good rain Thursday and another good rain yesterday, on top of already shin-high weeds and grasses. Nesting conditions should be pretty strong this year

Comment

At the end of deer season we had over 100 turkey (75+ hens, 15+ Gobblers, and 10+ Jakes) roosting in a certain area of our ranch. Went back this weekend to get my Goddaughter her first turkey. Setup between the roost and water hole they visit every morning. Had about 30 hens, 1 gobbler, and 3 jakes came off the roost. That gobbler did not like the strutting jake decoy I put out and came to attack it. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get off a shot before he got away. We were able to get between the group that evening and she closed the deal on her first gobbler. Those 3 jakes are going to be happy now. That gobbler on gobbled once all morning. No need to since he was the only dominant bird there. Not sure where the rest of the group went after deer season.

Comment

I finally get to participate! I was able to knock down this guy Sunday morning in Tilden. It is our FIRST turkey we have killed in 20 years owning the place. There are normally some birds close but rarely ever on our place. Saw more birds this weekend then in last 5 years combined!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8588.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	26747229

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                      I finally get to participate! I was able to knock down this guy Sunday morning in Tilden. It is our FIRST turkey we have killed in 20 years owning the place. There are normally some birds close but rarely ever on our place. Saw more birds this weekend then in last 5 years combined!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8588.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	26747229
                      Congrats! I like your snow goose decoy! 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post

We had to ambush. I did see 4 gobblers by themselves the Wednesday prior but yeah they are mostly flocked right now.
                        Nice... Way to get it done for her!

Comment

Congrats to all the south zone hunters that got it done this weekend. Jealous!!

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post

Congrats! I like your snow goose decoy! 🤣
                            I guarantee that thing is older than I am and is using a broken arrow shaft as "legs".......not stupid if it works!

Comment

Nice to see the official corn buzzard thread pop up!

We have a bunch of big gobblers this year, and we're headed out next week, might even wake up for a hunt! We also have some aoudad that we think we've got pinned down, so they may take priority.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post

I guarantee that thing is older than I am and is using a broken arrow shaft as "legs".......not stupid if it works!
                                I love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X