No announcement yet.

JFT & PoPo Turkey Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You boys in the south zone sure have me a bit jealous right now! Keep up the solid work gents, I’m living vicariously through yall for a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
      Got one on our small family ranch, goal is to kill 4 in 4 different counties this year. We shall see! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4134.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	931.2 KB
ID:	26746049
      Boom!

Comment

[QUOTE=eradicator;n26746074]

Boom![/QUOT

Congrats eradicator!! Nice bird!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Kenner97;n26746101]
          Originally posted by eradicator View Post

Boom![/QUOT

Congrats eradicator!! Nice bird!!
          That's not my bird, I was just replying to picture. Still a couple weeks away for me

Comment

Lots of action but these flocks and jakes have the gobblers quiet.

Seen a dozen longbeards but haven’t heard a gobble since fly down.

Comment

Comment

Great bird Eradicator, well done!👍

Comment

I was guiding for a young lady's first turkey yesterday morning. They beat us up pretty bad off and the roost and the gobblers and majority of the flock slide south of us while 4 hens kept us pinned in our set up until 8:30. The stormy weather had them acting goofy. We caught up with the flock around 10 am about a one mile down. She made a good shot and had her first bird. Nice mature 9 3/4' beard with 1 1/8 spurs. Sun popped up and it got hot, but we saw a few more gobblers standing in the shade under large oak trees until we packed it in at lunch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	366
Size:	536.3 KB
ID:	26746387

Comment

Spring is in the air and gobblers are strutting! South Texas Pre-season turkey scouting.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                      I was guiding for a young lady's first turkey yesterday morning. They beat us up pretty bad off and the roost and the gobblers and majority of the flock slide south of us while 4 hens kept us pinned in our set up until 8:30. The stormy weather had them acting goofy. We caught up with the flock around 10 am about a one mile down. She made a good shot and had her first bird. Nice mature 9 3/4' beard with 1 1/8 spurs. Sun popped up and it got hot, but we saw a few more gobblers standing in the shade under large oak trees until we packed it in at lunch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	536.3 KB ID:	26746387
                      Very nice Joe! Congrats to the lady!

Did you call it in or ambush it when you got back on the flock? Seems like several of the folks I know down south hunting them are having to get in their path, because everything is flocked up. Hopefully they are a little more responsive in two weeks when we get to go at them..
                      Last edited by Smart; 03-17-2024, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Very nice Joe! Congrats to the lady!

Did you call it in or ambush it when you got back on the flock? Seems like several of the folks I know down south hunting them are having to get in their path, because everything is flocked up. Hopefully they are a little more responsive in two weeks when we get to go at them..
                        That’s what we had to do, couldn’t get them to run to the call. Hopefully they become more responsive as the season progresses

Comment

We struck this morning where we saw the birds yesterday afternoon. Avery shot her bird at about 8 yards. He kicked the heck out of our Jake decoy. About an hour and a half later I put the sneak on a lone tom out sunning himself. Pretty good Sunday morning. Good solid 2 year old birds will make you feel like a hero. Anyways, we are off the egg

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                            We struck this morning where we saw the birds yesterday afternoon. Avery shot her bird at about 8 yards. He kicked the heck out of our Jake decoy. About an hour and a half later I put the sneak on a lone tom out sunning himself. Pretty good Sunday morning. Good solid 2 year old birds will make you feel like a hero. Anyways, we are off the egg
                            Very nice...congrats!

Comment

Congrats everyone! Going to chase after them pretty good this year.

Comment

Kid shot one late this morning. They were henned up bad for us off the roost and quiet. We went back and set up about 1030- Called in a lone hen and she was standing there for about 20 minutes by her decoy friend yelping- She called in a group of 7 more hens and had this guy with them.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X