No announcement yet.

Pantera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome thread!!! Glad someone brought this one back up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Yep, he was Diamond. They were posers. Good thing he became pals with Kerry King.
        Posers? Your thinking about Slayer!! Hello Snipehunter....

Comment

Bob your just jeaulous they started as a glam rock band and passed slayer up....

Comment

good stuff ..I cranked em up 1 morning on way to th stand..I was runnin late & it got th blood pumpin..!!!! works in a pinch round campfire n evenin !!! add proper beverage & its ON !!!

Comment

I can remember seeing Pantera at a little biker/bar off of HWY 80 leaving FtWorth called Joes Garage. WALK is my favorite song, and Vulgar Display is my favorite album.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a6lHyQP2N8"]"Cowboys From Hell" Pantera (Best cover) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Pantera is GONE. SLAYER is not.

This copperbutt guy.
                  Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-09-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by offroadodge View Post
                    I can remember seeing Pantera at a little biker/bar off of HWY 80 leaving FtWorth called Joes Garage. WALK is my favorite song, and Vulgar Display is my favorite album.
                    That is a legendary DFW METAL bar. Not bikers. Many thrash bands form the area played there. Rigor Mortis and Rotting Corpse to name a couple.

Comment

Pantera is GONE. SLAYER is not
                      This copperbutt guy.
                      Because of RESPECT for DIME! WALK ON HOME BOY!!!

Comment

While I would never crap on a Pantera thread, they are not in my top metal bands of all time. Ok, maybe 9-10. I have tossed back a few beers and some shots with them at the after parties at the Basement and Joe's garage a few times. Great guys, except Rex Rocker. I saw someone say all bands were glam in the 80's? This could not be more false. Thrash started in SF in the early 80's. Pantera switched over when Kerry King from Slayer befriended Dime. Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Exodus....never wore pink and played glam/poser metal.

RIP Dime.
                        Sitting here at the house of blues in Dallas. Exodus just left the stage. They brought their A game tonight.... Anthrax is about to hit the stage...

Comment

rotting corpse is still touring around, walter is the only original member,my buddy was drumming for rc when they toured with soulfly he was using one of vinny paul's drum set's.

Comment

Very nice. keep the metal alive. Hopefully everyone can see my last comment in my post Grayson quoted.

RIP Dime.

Exodus RULES!

Comment

First time to see them live... Holy ****

\m/ horns up.

Comment

Anthrax will rock it. Have fun and be safe going home. I am envious.

Comment

Working...
                                X