Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2024 San Angelo surrounding area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I went out scouting for turkey Saturday morning and ran into this guy. I saw him at a feeder but it was too dark to shoot open sights from where I was at. As I started to stalk up close to him and he grunted and hopped then started walking my way. I had to aim up to the sky a couple times to get the light to align my sights. When I was finally able to see enough to properly align my sights he was about 20yds away heading at me and caught a 30-30 in the face.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DuramaxDude; 03-25-2024, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Congrats…KAP!!!!

Comment

Dang that's a big- un! Headed out west Wed myself to scout for turkeys and button things up at camp. Our Covert cams have been pretty poor in 75% of the areas we normally see turkeys. One is covered. Might be a tough opener.

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Nice work! Sometimes I miss having pigs, but then I don't

Comment

Looking forward to my yearly trip out there!

Comment

Just got on a new lease near Big Lake and it looks promising, WT and Muleys on the property allegedly. Did some scouting a couple weeks ago and put a feeder up. I will be returning in a couple weeks to put up a blind and maybe look for some turkeys. Can't wait to get back out, I love West Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by AJhunter91 View Post
                  Just got on a new lease near Big Lake and it looks promising, WT and Muleys on the property allegedly. Did some scouting a couple weeks ago and put a feeder up. I will be returning in a couple weeks to put up a blind and maybe look for some turkeys. Can't wait to get back out, I love West Texas.
                  sent you a pm

Comment

Any turkey hunters have a report?

Comment

it was all quiet at our place all weekend. found 1 big bird strutting with 2 hens, but he wouldnt come in. cloudy and windy had them off.

Comment

Well, I just got a new lease in coke County this month. Up in Bronte. Hope everyone has a great year to come. Been 5 seasons since I hunted out this way but been trying wvwr since I left. Glad to be back. More updates to come.

Comment

Originally posted by skipetex View Post
                          Well, I just got a new lease in coke County this month. Up in Bronte. Hope everyone has a great year to come. Been 5 seasons since I hunted out this way but been trying wvwr since I left. Glad to be back. More updates to come.
                          Congrats on the new lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                            Any turkey hunters have a report?
                            We got on a couple birds but had a tough time getting them to come in. It seems like they are not quite fired up yet where we are.

Comment

I went out weekend before season and heard 3 or 4 gobbling and then this past weekend we didn't hear a thing anywhere. Saw a couple hens on game camera from the last week so I was wondering if they had already hened up.

Comment

Made it out to the lease this weekend. Got my blind built, which was the main objective for the weekend. Spent a few hours looking for sheds, only found one and it was from
                                last year. Didn’t see any turkeys but did see this rattlesnake.

Comment

Working...
                                X