No announcement yet.

2024 San Angelo surrounding area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I went out scouting for turkey Saturday morning and ran into this guy. I saw him at a feeder but it was too dark to shoot open sights from where I was at. As I started to stalk up close to him and he grunted and hopped then started walking my way. I had to aim up to the sky a couple times to get the light to align my sights. When I was finally able to see enough to properly align my sights he was about 20yds away heading at me and caught a 30-30 in the face.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DuramaxDude; 03-25-2024, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Congrats…KAP!!!!

Comment

Dang that's a big- un! Headed out west Wed myself to scout for turkeys and button things up at camp. Our Covert cams have been pretty poor in 75% of the areas we normally see turkeys. One is covered. Might be a tough opener.

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Nice work! Sometimes I miss having pigs, but then I don't

Comment

Looking forward to my yearly trip out there!

Comment

Just got on a new lease near Big Lake and it looks promising, WT and Muleys on the property allegedly. Did some scouting a couple weeks ago and put a feeder up. I will be returning in a couple weeks to put up a blind and maybe look for some turkeys. Can't wait to get back out, I love West Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by AJhunter91 View Post
                  Just got on a new lease near Big Lake and it looks promising, WT and Muleys on the property allegedly. Did some scouting a couple weeks ago and put a feeder up. I will be returning in a couple weeks to put up a blind and maybe look for some turkeys. Can't wait to get back out, I love West Texas.
                  sent you a pm

Comment

Any turkey hunters have a report?

Comment

it was all quiet at our place all weekend. found 1 big bird strutting with 2 hens, but he wouldnt come in. cloudy and windy had them off.

Comment

Well, I just got a new lease in coke County this month. Up in Bronte. Hope everyone has a great year to come. Been 5 seasons since I hunted out this way but been trying wvwr since I left. Glad to be back. More updates to come.

Comment

Originally posted by skipetex View Post
                          Well, I just got a new lease in coke County this month. Up in Bronte. Hope everyone has a great year to come. Been 5 seasons since I hunted out this way but been trying wvwr since I left. Glad to be back. More updates to come.
                          Congrats on the new lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                            Any turkey hunters have a report?
                            We got on a couple birds but had a tough time getting them to come in. It seems like they are not quite fired up yet where we are.

Comment

I went out weekend before season and heard 3 or 4 gobbling and then this past weekend we didn't hear a thing anywhere. Saw a couple hens on game camera from the last week so I was wondering if they had already hened up.

Comment

Made it out to the lease this weekend. Got my blind built, which was the main objective for the weekend. Spent a few hours looking for sheds, only found one and it was from
                                last year. Didn’t see any turkeys but did see this rattlesnake.

Comment

Working...
                                X