• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrighetti looks good so far

Comment

Breggy bomb!

Comment

Too bad Dubon is sitting after a 4-hit game...

Comment

Another Breggy bomb!

Comment

Wow! Maybe the boys are indeed starting to come around‼️‼️ Sure hope so.

Comment

Spaghetti getting his first career win after he was a good solider getting thrashed every other day it seemed. Great on him.

It only took me two days to finally realize it but Verlander commanding that four seem fastball location, especially in the later innings, was pure alpha type behavior. "Try and hit this 95MPH gas on the dot".
              Josh Reddick was a very insightful color man next to Robert Ford in this first game. Took him an inning to get the rhythm but he found it and had some good takes as a former player.
              Last edited by GroceryGetter; 05-13-2024, 11:49 PM.

Comment

And another Breggy bomb 💣!

Comment

Can't wait to hear more about this Blanco sticky substance. I would bet someone on the A's put the bug in the umpires ear.
                  Last edited by GroceryGetter; 05-14-2024, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GroceryGetter View Post
                    Can't wait to hear more about this Blanco sticky substance. I would bet someone on the A's put the bug in the umpires ear.
                    I’m sure, but inside the glove?

Comment

I’m curious as well. It was on the inside of the glove apparently, and you could see Blanco begging them to check his pitching hand to show there was nothing on it. I hope we get more details after the game

Comment

Bad thing is, that’s like a 10 game suspension. I can’t imagine what he did wrong

Comment

Its not a surprise with Laz Diaz calling a game in Houston. The rosin/sweat accumulation inside a pitchers glove in Houston is a real thing and should be expected by umpires. They took the glove to test the substance, I wouldnt expect a suspension.
                          Espada should have gotten ejected after Blanco. He's got to show some balls at some point.
                          Last edited by Calrob; 05-14-2024, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I think Espada should have gotten ejected also. Show some fire!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                              I think Espada should have gotten ejected also. Show some fire!
                              Yea, fire… I’m not sure he has balls! He’s about as mealy mouthed as they come!

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post

Its not a surprise with Laz Diaz calling a game in Houston. The rosin/sweat accumulation inside a pitchers glove in Houston is a real thing and should be expected by umpires. They took the glove to test the substance, I wouldnt expect a suspension.
                                Espada should have gotten ejected after Blanco. He's got to show some balls at some point.
                                And if anyone has seen Blanco pitch they know he certainly works himself into a lather by the 2nd inning.
                                Funny this happened because yesterday I was just thinking of Nederland's own, Clay Buccholz and his ball loading. Used a certain kind of Bullfrog sunscreen on his forearms and he could mix that and some sweat to make a combo he liked. That and you could see him run his hand down his unwashed hair when it was really long to get some grease.

Comment

Working...
                                X