No announcement yet.

Official Astros 2024 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said I was ready to see Javier. I am not. Four walks in the first innings and shying away from the fastball.
    I am not a doctor but that neck sure must be sore still.
    Last edited by GroceryGetter; 05-11-2024, 04:51 PM.

Comment

He did not look sharp today.

Comment

Didnt see the game tonight but I did see they DFA'd Corey Julks as well. Seems like he coulda been good trade bait for a middle reliever at least.

Comment

I’m curious why they brought Javier back when he obviously wasn’t ready yet. Seems they should have known that.

Batting Yanier behind Bregman and Singleton? I guess maybe they were hoping Yanier would provide some protection??

Some of Dusty’s lineups were confusing as well but I gave him more benefit of the doubt.

I miss Hinch.

Comment

DFA’ing Julks seems a little odd too.

Comment

Listened to the game this evening while the wife and I were creeping for pigs. They said Alvarez was 0-22 before this game. He ended up 1-for-4 tonight after the overturned call. That’s 1for 20freaking6 if my math was right.

Put me in coach!!!! My old @$$ could do that bad for that much money and the crowd could see someone new who actually tried or had some sort of negative emotion when he struck out.

Comment

Originally posted by J-5 View Post
                Listened to the game this evening while the wife and I were creeping for pigs. They said Alvarez was 0-22 before this game. He ended up 1-for-4 tonight after the overturned call. That’s 1for 20freaking6 if my math was right.

Put me in coach!!!! My old @$$ could do that bad for that much money and the crowd could see someone new who actually tried or had some sort of negative emotion when he struck out.
                Alvarez was 2-4 yesterday and 2-5 the day before with power

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post

Alvarez was 2-4 yesterday and 2-5 the day before with power
                  If I was wrong, I apologize. It’s what the radio broadcaster said.

For the record, we struck out too…he should be able to relate... Not a pig to be seen.
                  Last edited by J-5; 05-11-2024, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I’ve been saying and believing they are going to come back on fire, take over the AL West and get right. I firmly believe now that they won’t do it with Espada at the helm.

Comment

Winner. Good job JV and company

Comment

If we could face the Tigers bullpen the next 40 games, we could pull it into first place I think. These next 2 A's series coming up could really help or hurt. Hopefully we can get a sweep of one of those

Comment

JV pitched a gem today.

The interesting thing is that the Tiger bullpen is something like #3 in MLB. So they either all had a bad day, or the Stros are starting to put something together. Heck, even Bregman has a 4-game hitting streak. I like that Loperfido kid too.

Comment

Bob Nightengale reporting 2 prominent Astros players have voiced complaints about Joe Espadas communication skills.....
                            Leadership isnt overblown.

Comment

Classic Verlander turnaround start. Stood his ground and did his part.

For the 100,00th time, Dubon has to be in the lineup everyday and it doesn't need to be in the bottom third of the order.

As for the Detroit bullpen, some days you are the dog and some days you are the bone.

My wild hair opinion, Tucker should bat leadoff. His patience and pitch selection sets a tone for the following hitters. That is just my perspective.

What is going to come of two starting pitchers going tomorrow at Minute Maid who are a combined 1-10 and have an average ERA of 6.79?
                              Last edited by GroceryGetter; 05-12-2024, 07:44 PM.

Comment

How about Jake going 3-3 coming off the bench yesterday? Whoop! That was a great game!

Comment

Working...
                                X