No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was late getting in on this thread so I apologize if this has been covered.

What is everyone using for a day pack, preferably one that will hold my quiver and allow access to an arrow without removing the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

What is everyone using for a day pack, preferably one that will hold my quiver and allow access to an arrow without removing the pack.
      Any pack with side compression straps will do that. With that said I want to be able to watch where that razor sharp head is at from second it starts wiggling loose out of the quiver to when nock is on my string. Not even counting walking through Brush...

I use Exo 2000k 99% and occasionally grab my kuiu venture 2300.

Comment

X2 on the Exo 2000. It's fully capable of packing out a hindquarter or more as well.

Comment

Why not a quiver on your bow? Just askin’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

I agree. You never know when you'll meet an elk on a trail or before you can get "set up".
            Be prepared, when you meet an elk coming toward you on a trail, no time for fumbling for an arrow to knock.
            I also carry my bow, do not put it on your pack if you're hiking in during the season. Even bumbling around in thick timber you can walk right in on elk, a few cow calls while you're stepping on branches sounds like elk in the woods.

Comment

Tight spot quiver is one of the best pieces of gear I own. I always take my quiver off my bow Whitetail hunting. But hunting out west I have shot almost every animal with my quiver on.

Comment

Save me some research and tell me what is special about them?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KLAPPER View Post
                  Save me some research and tell me what is special about them?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

That’s what I have now but I always stand hunt and remove the quiver once settled in. I am not accustomed to shooting with the quiver on and the extra weight effects the balance of the bow and leads me to either cant or torque the bow.

Comment

I will study the suggestions above. The one that I want is discontinued but if anyone has a lead on a Gameplan over-n-under or another with similar quiver placement please let me know.

Comment

You can adjust it up, down, in, out, fwd or rear to balance your bow. Can also adjust how tight fingers grip arrows. And a few Halon shooters have turned them upside down to add weight to bottom of bow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                          Tight spot quiver is one of the best pieces of gear I own. I always take my quiver off my bow Whitetail hunting. But hunting out west I have shot almost every animal with my quiver on.

Got my wife a Tight Spot last year, certainly a quality piece but really wanting the quiver on my pack.

Comment

Originally posted by cram369 View Post
                            You can adjust it up, down, in, out, fwd or rear to balance your bow. Can also adjust how tight fingers grip arrows. And a few Halon shooters have turned them upside down to add weight to bottom of bow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            Pretty much sums it up, major adjustability is biggest

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              Tell that sum beetch to paint a happy Big Elk, like a 380" 7x7!

I hope to show you a video of it and not a painting!

Comment

Got my wife a Tight Spot last year, certainly a quality piece but really wanting the quiver on my pack.

I would highly recommend not going that route. If I had I quiver on my pack I wouldn’t have killed a moose, antelope or gotten a shot at a tahr in May. Sometimes it happens quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X