X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love this thread. Been catching up on stuff, and getting my gear ready for September in Unit 81 Colorado. This will be a learning experience for sure!

Comment

Heck, yall need to have a TBH get together in unit 81 this year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post

Everyone:Looking to go on my first elk hunt. Unit 81!!!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Haha might have to. We have a friend that offered to let us use their cabin that is out west of Antonito, so we figured we might as well head up there, and gear up for backpacking in quite a ways and camping, and see if we can get lucky. Keep hearing there is a ton of traffic, but I guess you never know.

Comment

Looks like co has drawn for deer and elk. Who got what? I ended up with a deer tag but no elk tag. I was hoping I wouldnt get anything since I got so many tags in NM.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                Looks like co has drawn for deer and elk. Who got what? I ended up with a deer tag but no elk tag. I was hoping I wouldnt get anything since I got so many tags in NM.
                CO has turn back program. NM doesn’t. If I draw Any where else I normally turn my tag back, my mulie tag is usually 2nd choice or 3rd choice anyway

Comment

Binos

Get the Swaros with range finder. Best purchase I have ever made when it comes to hunting gear!!!!!!!
                  I will start I guess.

Training:
                  Starting a Westside Conjugate/Crossfit hybrid system to start gaining strength for the cold months and work on some conditioning as well.

Gear:
                  Started a "Glass Fund" to get purchase some higher end glass compared to my cheap stuff. Not sure what size or brand yet....would LOVE some Swaro ELs, but may have to go used to do it.

Money Grab aka Draws:
                  Started doing my research on Montana and Wyoming, not going to give NM another dime after they passed the new bill. Will also be putting in to start earning points towards a ewe big horn tag in MT as well. If I don't get drawn, again, I will see about returning to one of two OTC units in CO that I've hunted recently.

Comment

Is a regular range finder sufficient or is an arc range finder required due to drastic elevation changes?

Comment

I got a CO Unit 82, 1st Rifle (Oct.12-16), either sex tag. If anyone has advice on the unit I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                        CO has turn back program. NM doesn’t. If I draw Any where else I normally turn my tag back, my mulie tag is usually 2nd choice or 3rd choice anyway
                        True but its unclear to me if you can get your points and money both back. I will be calling them to find out for sure. Now that it costs $90 to apply I would really hate to lose those points.

Comment

True but its unclear to me if you can get your points and money both back. I will be calling them to find out for sure. Now that it costs $90 to apply I would really hate to lose those points.
                          You get your points back.

Comment

Think you still get points back and tag money, I think the only changes are the turn back time frame. I’d call them this morning.

Comment

Drew unit 33 for elk. Now the planning begins. We will be packing in this year, so gear list will be completely different than last years.

I’m looking for a water filter system. I’m sure there are a ton of post about this on this thread, but looking for some of the newer systems people are using. Going to try to pack in as least amount possible, and water is the heaviest thing.

Comment

Unless they changed it this year. If you drew first choice you can either get your money or your points back. Second choice and below, since you didn’t use points you can get your money back and keep points.

Comment

Working...
                                X