The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
    3 weeks until train to hunt Texas and my *** is out of shape. I've been hitting the crossfit gym for the last 3 weeks and started two A days this week. Just hoping I can make enough progress in the next 3 weeks to compete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JT, you gonna to be there??? Sweet!!! I am not competing but am going to be working the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers booth up there. I'm bringing my pack, $100 and recurve just in case Josh lets me play. Come introduce yourself if you get the chance.

Trevor

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
      JT, you gonna to be there??? Sweet!!! I am not competing but am going to be working the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers booth up there. I'm bringing my pack, $100 and recurve just in case Josh lets me play. Come introduce yourself if you get the chance.

Trevor

Ya I've been telling Josh I would come do it for a year so no backing out lol. I just wish the shooting part was weighted more, because as far as the other stuff I'm from the school of slow and steady lol

Comment

Yep, Kenton does that on purpose. Not fat 3D shooters and no Ironman Triathletes can just run away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
          Yep, Kenton does that on purpose. Not fat 3D shooters and no Ironman Triathletes can just run away with it.

My single only issue with train to hunt is the meat pack. Running with 100# on your back is a sure fire easy way to hurt yourself right before the season. Plus when does anyone need to run or hurry packing out an animal. I think that should be done away with or structured different.

Comment

My single only issue with train to hunt is the meat pack. Running with 100# on your back is a sure fire easy way to hurt yourself right before the season. Plus when does anyone need to run or hurry packing out an animal. I think that should be done away with or structured different.
            I wouldn't call it a run. I'd call it a 400 yard march

Comment

The Elk Thread

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
              I wouldn't call it a run. I'd call it a 400 yard march

It's .75-1 mile according to the train to hunt videos

Actually just talked to josh and he said it is 1-3 miles depending on the event. He isn't sure how long the Texas one will be. That's not what I would call a 400 yard March
              Last edited by JTeLarkin08; 05-25-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

It's .75-1 mile according to the train to hunt videos
                Thought it was move 200lbs a 1/4 mile. Any way you decide, all in one or multiple.

Even a mile isn't bad. If you can run a mile with 100 lb pack you aren't going to hurt your self because you are already superman. Lol. Fast mile hike on Texas Ground should be pretty simple. I rotate between 45(skip a stair) and 90lbs once a week up 32 stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                  Thought it was move 200lbs a 1/4 mile. Any way you decide, all in one or multiple.

Even a mile isn't bad. If you can run a mile with 100 lb pack you aren't going to hurt your self because you are already superman. Lol. Fast mile hike on Texas Ground should be pretty simple. I rotate between 45(skip a stair) and 90lbs once a week up 32 stories.

I think they changed it this year so that people could do one load.

Comment

Pack mule recruiting event

Comment

I know the Nevada TTH challenge was 3 miles.

Comment

Well, I signed up for it! Going to be doing the trad side. I will see how many arrows I can lose! ha ha ha

They allow you to load everything before hand, they standardized it quite a bit from the first couple of years. Game on!!!!

Comment

Well I think I got my draw, early backdoor method shows I have a 580 resident elk code. From my understanding that means I drew.

Gotta wait till next week before I know if it's a cow or bull but it doesn't really matter to me. This will be my first time.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                            Well I think I got my draw, early backdoor method shows I have a 580 resident elk code. From my understanding that means I drew.

Gotta wait till next week before I know if it's a cow or bull but it doesn't really matter to me. This will be my first time.
                            Congrats on the tag!!!! Good luck on your hunt, let us know how scouting goes.

Comment

Just got 3 trail cams set up in a area I am hoping to be hunting. Found lots of promising sign and water. Will post pictures if I have anything decent when I head back over to check them in about 3 weeks. Salt blocks are out and alfalfa. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Anyone gonna be at the Train to hunt event next week at CCR?

Comment

Working...
                                X