No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying west to Alberta on September 11 and starting a week long hunt the 12th.
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
      I can't take this anymore!!! I'm dang near cross eyed from looking at Google Earth and deaf from practicing my calling in the truck. Sept 12th please hurry
      Shoot, I've been deployed all summer and google earth has been the only way I can scout! I'll be boots in the Gila come the 15th for second season. I'm chompin at the bit!

Comment

sorry unit 15

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
          I can't take this anymore!!! I'm dang near cross eyed from looking at Google Earth and deaf from practicing my calling in the truck. Sept 12th please hurry

I'm right there with you! I can't concentrate on anything, other than elk hunting of course.

Comment

Well, I guess my hunt is off. I have tried contacting the outfitter 5 times with no response. He may have managed to get paying hunters into the camp I was going to be in. I have no problem with that but I am disappointed that he won't return my calls or emails.
            With this being the case, my wife certainly won't be cooking for his hunters, either.
            I am staying with my work out routine, just in case. Not holding out a lot of hope, though.

Comment

Ya never know, lots of outfitters are not real great at returning calls. Hope it still works out for you! Can you do a different hunt??? There are only so many years in a man's life he can wander the mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by drube75 View Post
                Which unit?

Comment

Guys, I am having a hard time figuring out how to use these access maps for Colorado. I just want a map that says, "You can go here and you cannot go here." What is the advice for understanding these a little better? It does not help that I am a little colorblind so some of these close shades of different colors are difficult for me to differentiate.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                    No, I didn't mean that as a workout, just a comparison of what thin air is like.
                    Sounds like you have a good program going.

Comment

Hannibal Lechter working out?
                      That guy is in great shape. Human flesh diet?

Comment

Well, knew something crazy had to happen. Went to buy Idaho tags and found out about the mandatory Bowhunter safety course. Went to do it online, but only for Idaho residents. So I look to do the Tejas course and find out it takes online and a field day. My buddy had never Bowhunted before and can't make a class before season due to work, and they only have two dates scheduled, so we are going to Colorado after all. I'm good either way, just a bump in the road and a much shorter drive than Idaho.

Comment

Fewer wolves and no grizz in CO

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                            Fewer wolves and no grizz in CO
                            However, the first wave of the Orange Army may be out and about, our dates are 12-20th.

Comment

Could be more dangerous.

Comment

Got a week to wait here in Oregon. I hope they don't shutdown the unit I am hunting because of fires.

Comment

Working...
                                X