No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And my point about getting away from the crowd is that you don't necessarily have to cross three ridges to get away. Just be willing to go where most others aren't willing to go. In a flat unit like 62, it meant just about a 30 minute walk away from the 4-wheeler trail.

Comment

Anyone looking for a Kifaru duplex frame with 24" flat back stays and a large belt? Selling for $235. Nothing wrong with it in the least, just prices to move.

Comment

You can find elk in nasty holes as much as getting far from a road. They will stand quiet, very near traveled paths. They know those little pockets where people don't go.

Comment

I have a friend with, 4 private land bull tags, guided rifle hunt during rut in the Gila. $5k ea. needs a party of 4. they are 100% on 320-350 bulls for past 3 years.
          p.m. me if interested

Comment

Here are a couple pics in NM of some great younger Elk. The one is a 7x7.

I also got my mule finished and ready to go. She was wild as hell but we got her ready for the elk woods now.

My boys and I went for a ride the other day.

Comment

Only 15 days till season fires up here in colorado.

How many folks hitting the mountains on the 29th?

Comment

Sept 1st for me!

Comment

Sept. 5th opening day if Archery in MT for us! Just three weeks ago I liked to fish, now all I think of is screaming bulls and mountain sunrises.

Comment

Sept 8th in Mt for me. Can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Buckaroo View Post
                      I have a friend with, 4 private land bull tags, guided rifle hunt during rut in the Gila. $5k ea. needs a party of 4. they are 100% on 320-350 bulls for past 3 years.
                      p.m. me if interested
                      What unit?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_ View Post
                        26 Days till Im headed to NM. So much to do...so little time!!!
                        Which unit?

Comment

I can't take this anymore!!! I'm dang near cross eyed from looking at Google Earth and deaf from practicing my calling in the truck. Sept 12th please hurry

Comment

I did the same thing 2 years ago. im planning my hunt for next year now.

Comment

After all this reading I'm planing on a diy trip before I start the draws for em. I'm already excited hahah

Comment

headed to new mexico , Sept 15th, im 56 got the boys through college ,,this is my first trip, good luck to everyone, wade

Comment

Working...
                                X