No announcement yet.

Strange Finds in the Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking out through the woods I came upon a stump with a pair of curled up weather beaten camo hunting boots sitting on the stump. They had been there some time. They were full of leaves and dirt. They looked kinda odd sitting there. Woods 1/2 mile in any direction.

Out in West Texas while snakehunting there was a lone oak tree growing out of a small rock out-cropping. I walked out to it and sit down to rest. I looked down and there lay a Agate marble in the dirt. I would like to know the story how that marble came to be under that tree out in the middle of the plains.

A cluster of bright orange Hooters balloons hung up in a mesquite tree way out south of Bronte.

Last but not least a pair of Tighty-whiteys that were neither tighty or whitey anymore hanging on a bush out west.......DON'T forget the toilet paper!

SNAKEHUNTER

Comment

[QUOTE=BigFoot;4551433]Where was this at?[/QUOT
      Out in the country near the town of West. Keep in mind this was back in the early 80's. People had these things for pets and only thing we can figure is he escaped from someone or he was turned out.

Comment

Working on a job site in Fort Worth on Trinity river. I was able to search a couple days thru an old house and property that was next to the old US cavalry base. Found several clay marbles and a few glass ones, a couple buttons off uniforms and my favorite was a dog tag. It is in the shape of a horse shoe, is copper in color and says "Fort Worth, Texas" around the edge and in the middle it says "Dog Tax" "1913" thought it was pretty cool.

Comment

This old oil rig was on a lease we had in West Texas a few years ago....

Comment

Growing up my grandparents ranches near Durango, Colorado. I spent many hours in the woods there as a kid. One day, my brother and I came upon a fully intact mule deer skeleton hanging from it's antlers on a tree. After telling my grandpa about it he busted out laughing. It seems my uncle friend had shot the deer right at last light a couple of years earlier. He gutted it and strung it in the tree to keep the critters off it. When he went back to get it the next morning, he couldn't remember which tree he had hung it in. Not being from the area, he didnt realize how much different the mountains look at night. I guess the looked for the deer for two days. We found it two years later. My uncle called him and gave him a perfect European mounted mule deer head. It even still had his tag attached.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
              Growing up my grandparents ranches near Durango, Colorado. I spent many hours in the woods there as a kid. One day, my brother and I came upon a fully intact mule deer skeleton hanging from it's antlers on a tree. After telling my grandpa about it he busted out laughing. It seems my uncle friend had shot the deer right at last light a couple of years earlier. He gutted it and strung it in the tree to keep the critters off it. When he went back to get it the next morning, he couldn't remember which tree he had hung it in. Not being from the area, he didnt realize how much different the mountains look at night. I guess the looked for the deer for two days. We found it two years later. My uncle called him and gave him a perfect European mounted mule deer head. It even still had his tag attached.
              That's hilarious!

Comment

I worked for a contractor a few years back that leased a Ranch near Blackwell.
                The Ranch had a huge flat rock that someone had carved a compass on . said to be from the Spanish explorer Coronado. There was another rock that had a turtle carved on it but I never saw that one.

Comment

Originally posted by holepuncher View Post
                  I worked for a contractor a few years back that leased a Ranch near Blackwell.
                  The Ranch had a huge flat rock that someone had carved a compass on . said to be from the Spanish explorer Coronado. There was another rock that had a turtle carved on it but I never saw that one.
                  That would be awesome if thats true

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                    That would be awesome if thats true
                    Its true Archeologist have confirmed it.

Comment

My place was owned by people that lived in Penn., and had not been then for years. Someone had rammed the gate .......
                      Thus, anyone and everyone with an atv, hs kid w a truck , etc. could get on it.

I found multiple small dump sights.
                      Sad really where they would dump their trash.
                      1- meth lab dump sight.................. Extremely sad.
                      Also - in some trash that was dumped the day before I signed the papers and found the day I signed was a bunch of bills with name/address/phone number, etc.

Amazing what people will dump.

Comment

in our place in barid there is an old that is barly standing and my brother and i went going through it and hanging of one of the light fixtures is a NEUSE yes the thing were you hang people

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerMax View Post
                          This old oil rig was on a lease we had in West Texas a few years ago....

Is this out side of albany on the nool or however you spell it

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech 4 life View Post
                            in our place in barid there is an old that is barly standing and my brother and i went going through it and hanging of one of the light fixtures is a NEUSE yes the thing were you hang people
                            Thats sketchy man

Comment

Originally posted by BuckChaser45 View Post
                              found eldorado last week
                              hahahahaha!!!

Comment

I wound up in an old graveyard/cemetary outside Pagosa Springs Co. while elk huntin about 8 years ago...some adult, some kid sized....very creepy. I payed my respects but I was waitin out a big bull and couldn't move. Didn't get him, but they shot him with a rifle a few weeks after....380"...

Comment

Working...
                                X