No announcement yet.

Strange Finds in the Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, found dead guy who shot himself while pheasant hunting.

Comment

growing up in horton bottom i found a box of live unstabble grenades, and got to watch them get blown up, by my dad.Should have seen his face when i walked in the house with them.

Comment

i found a toy pistol, or part of it. in south texas. a rail road spike. that was odd. no rail road any place near that part of the hill country. a wood spliting wedge just off a river bank in newark new jersey. just four days after the big flood. no telling just how old it is. picked it out of a tree base that might have been 200 or better years old.

Comment

Bat House

Found a Bat House on the Trinity River Wildlife area along with an old farm house that gave me the hebejebe's... Never hunted it...

Comment

Found 7 screwdrivers, all just alike but different sizes, in the middle of a ranch close to Encinal. They were way out in the brush and no where near a road.

Comment

I just remembered I was walking through the woods and around some little seasonal creeks, and a little square "island". Was completely bare, I walked over to it and there was a broken shovel, and still okay shovel laying next to a perfecttly circular hole that was about 3 feet deep, fresh dug. I got the heck out of there, it was in the middle of BFE, went back a few days later and the hole was about 1.5 feet deep and the good shovel was gone.

Comment

A marked stack of flat rocks on a hill top where someone died near Sonora.

Comment

Whiskey bottle from the 1800's. And a 1925 Texas liscence plate.Didn't know they had to put plates on cars back then!

Comment

As an archaeologist I have found some strange things in the woods.

My favorite? Doing a survey near Jonesville, LA I was digging a shovel test pit and found a buried cache of unused condoms.

Todd

Comment

when i was about 6 i was walking around the ranch we lived on in del rio shooting lizards with my bb gun. walked into a creek bottom and found a skeleton. Took forever to convince my dad i was telling the truth and get him to go look at it. lol. him and the police were shocked. found old graves in robbins tx on a lease once.

Comment

My dad reminded me about the time when I was 10, I was dove hunting near our stock tank and spotted a live iguana in a tree near the water. I went back to tell him about the lizard in the tree, he wasn't worried about it,of course it took some coaxing to get him down there. When he seen it he said a few choice words, cause it scared the crap out of him, and immediately took my shotgun and killed it. It was 8 foot from tip to tail. From then on he always took my word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingpj View Post
                          My dad reminded me about the time when I was 10, I was dove hunting near our stock tank and spotted a live iguana in a tree near the water. I went back to tell him about the lizard in the tree, he wasn't worried about it,of course it took some coaxing to get him down there. When he seen it he said a few choice words, cause it scared the crap out of him, and immediately took my shotgun and killed it. It was 8 foot from tip to tail. From then on he always took my word for it.
                          Where was this at?

Comment

found an old dryed up tank in the middle of the woods with a mess of old bottles one of them is a 1890's dr pepper bottle and lots of folstaff's beer bottles one which has never been opened

Comment

i walk up on a old wagon,Arrow heads,old knife

Comment

My family land in Lamar County used to be part of Camp Maxey and the north fence borders the existing National Guard reserve. We have found several "intact" mortar rounds over the years and I have found old BAR rifle mags and bullets too. When we first started finding the mortars, we contacted Camp Maxey to find out what to do with them and they gave us a DOD disposal number. Well after calling them several times and never hearing anything from them, we just put flagging tape all around the ordinance we find to keep us from getting on them. There are also "tank traps" and foxholes everywhere on the land too. Pretty neat!!

While hunting COE land around Wright Patman Lake, we found this interesting "bed/nest". It was between 5 & 6 ft long and 2-3ft wide and was kind of hollowed out in the middle. It looked like someone had used a rake to make it. As you can see in the photos there was also a pine root ball the size of a softball in the bed. We think it may be a pig birthing nest made by a sow getting ready to domino. No sooner than we left the nest we slipped up on a sounder of pigs and killed 2 nice sized sows. One sow had several pigs in her that looked to be a week or so from being born. Anyone seen anything like this???
                                Last edited by Texar; 09-29-2015, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X