Strange Finds in the Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txhoghunter2 View Post

I found all this just now and can’t figure what all these are. Rifle for size reference. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My guess would be old fireplace mantle?

Comment

^^ that would be my guess as well

Comment

Not in the woods but at the mouth of the Brazos River.
        I found a very old human skull while gigging one night back in 1985.
        All teeth were missing. No bottom jaw. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
          I was a Lieutenant for the Chambers County Sheriffs Office and got a patrol call about it from a wade fisherman. I have since retired from Law Enforcement.

What are you doing now for work? I still believed you were in Law enforcement. Anyways cool story and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
            What are you doing now for work? I still believed you were in Law enforcement. Anyways cool story and thanks for sharing.

Not what I found, but seen. I was sixteen and archery hunting an abandoned overgrown farm. I had a tree stand on the back corner of this field. Leaves were gone and it was raining hard, I was about to quit and I see this red Subaru heading in my direction. It stops 10 ft from my tree, a guy gets out goes to a pile of rocks and removes a briefcase and gets back in and leaves. Mind you this was about a mile back in and no road or trials. Person in the car never seen me. I never went back and stayed clear of the area.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

I’m the President of a oil and gas industrial repair company. We manufacture, engineer, distribute, and install composite pipe/vessel wraps. Dragon Industrial Wrap

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa1210 View Post
                Not what I found, but seen. I was sixteen and archery hunting an abandoned overgrown farm. I had a tree stand on the back corner of this field. Leaves were gone and it was raining hard, I was about to quit and I see this red Subaru heading in my direction. It stops 10 ft from my tree, a guy gets out goes to a pile of rocks and removes a briefcase and gets back in and leaves. Mind you this was about a mile back in and no road or trials. Person in the car never seen me. I never went back and stayed clear of the area.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
                Sounds very Shawshank Redemption esque………..

Comment

Buggy seat?

Comment

txhoghunter looks alot like the lid of a burial vault?

Comment

Originally posted by fishnhuntdad View Post
                      txhoghunter looks alot like the lid of a burial vault?
                      That was my first thought too, but I can’t tell that that piece fits anywhere on the others I found. Fireplace makes sense, but no bricks from a chimney. I’m not sure. The slabs are very heavy. No writing that I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                        I’m the President of a oil and gas industrial repair company. We manufacture, engineer, distribute, and install composite pipe/vessel wraps. Dragon Industrial Wrap

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sounds good. Good luck in your new career.

Comment

Working...
                        X