No announcement yet.

American Hoggers - Where Are They From?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched it some last night for the first time. The girls shirts are the only reason I didn't turn the channel.

Comment

Obvious guy says: AMERICA!

Comment

A girl that works for me knows the son and she says that he is one strange cat..

Comment

But I guess they are smarter than me they will probably get rich of of it

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
            I dont care how awful the show is, id rather watch it than most of the other tv shows that come one tv these days..although sons of anarchy is pretty dern addicting
            i cant believe you watch either of those shows...I am gonna have to tell your wife to set you straight

Comment

Originally posted by texag2010 View Post
              I'd be willing to bet alot of money that they put those hogs in their traps. They caught more hogs in two traps last night than I've seen them catch with their dogs since the show started. The show is absolutely terrible, but I can't seem to turn it off when it comes on. I wish they would actually put a decent hog-doggin' show on TV. I'd be all over that
              You're bet would be pretty safe! Buddy of mine was in the feedstore right after the first episode aired, said that they were buying hogs from a guy in Santa Anna who has a hog buying station. Joe, an older man that I used to hunt and fish with told me many years ago that he used to help Campbell do some hunts years ago, long before hogs had gotten so populated or even existant in Brown county. He said that they would put a hog in a cage, and have his boy Robert sitting by the cage when the son heard the dogs or hunters then he would kick the hog out of the cage. Same way with ram hunts etc.

Comment

Stupidville would be my guess, but then again, I bet they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  I saw this video once of this guy i dont know, never met, never even spoken too, doing this thing I know a little about, have a done a little, and enjoy doing and he was doing it way different than i would, and acting different than I would. The camera showed him doing things that looked fake or recreated for tv...and then there were commericals....what a sell out. I think he sucks and is a dooosh. Don't you all agree?
                  Thank you!!!!!! Change the channel.

Shank 'em!

Comment

Its an ok show, and like stated earlier, the main purpose is to inform people in big cities about the hog problem. I noticed the subtitles being messed up also.

Swamp People has its mess ups too. Several times they have shown Junior and Willie in the boat I believe with a Mercury motor, then they flash to another scene, and then back to Junior and Willie, and boat has a different motor on it, either a Yamaha/Evinrude.

Comment

blacksunshine - I should have clarified, a legitimate and verifiable story,,,,,more recent than an obit from 1911......

Comment

Originally posted by bowd up View Post
                        If you watch swamp people and you think thats how gator hunting is, I may be wrong but i just don't think they fight the gators like that. Personally I think it's all for entertanmet.

Have you ever been gator hunting??? It gets pretty hairy at times and you can't just pull the gators right in, sometimes they pull you....I like pulling them in from a boat alot better than pulling them in running ground lines in the mud with snakes, fire-ants, etc.... Those guys on tv are using .22's or
                        .223's o take them with 1 clean shot to head and wait for the perfect shot, etc... They don't wanna mess up the hides, etc. I know alot of folks that use shotguns, etc.. but they don't depend on selling the hides to make a living.. Many of the "gator fights" are staged on that show as the camera isn't gonna pick up everything, if you look at it many times they catch a big gator but the "fight" seen is with an obviously smaller gator they could control and get better footage of.. I know they play some of the smaller gators like Bill Dance plays every single bass close to the boat for his TV show, making them jump, etc..... and these are the cuts that the editors go to on almost every show. All the different angles can be seen time and again on each show depending on who's fighting the gator.... Now American Hoggers????? I just like to watch because I can't turn away from a train wreck with sweaty females to boot........
                        Last edited by Maroon Blade; 11-03-2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X