No announcement yet.

Mary bares... (or is it bears?) it all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for bringing this memory back to the top Joey!

Rest in peace TD!

Comment

With Jen about to domino any day now, she is actually due on October 9, I will be missing my first opener since 2000 or 2001. I hate missing that first sunrise on a new bow season, but I know John would rather me here in Houston taking care of his "middle blonde" and soon to be 3rd Grandson.

This newest addition will bear his name, so it will be with great joy and a little sorrow that I'll hold Jackson Dwight the first time. John would be so proud of his grandsons, and I would give anything for them to be able to spend a few more days with their Paw-Paw. Not a day goes back that I don't think of him in some form or fashion. He made such an impression on my life, and I miss him everyday.

I wish all of you good luck this weeked and "Drill One" for John!!!

Comment

That was awesome!!!

Comment

Good to see this again. Thanks hand. R.I.P. TD. I will be saying a special prayer for him on saturday at the Lewis.
          Last edited by Dr. D; 09-27-2010, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Nicely done Joey!

Comment

I actually got an email from Campbell Group last Friday saying I can come pick up signs from them that I can put up on the lease saying to verify what you are shooting at, that pigs and bears can look alike and caution against shooting a bear.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Cool deal Mary, I am good friends with the Lewis family that owns the 10,000 acre ranch at Leaky . Small world , Jayde & I killed some Axis there this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                    Cool deal Mary, I am good friends with the Lewis family that owns the 10,000 acre ranch at Leaky . Small world , Jayde & I killed some Axis there this summer.
                    Brett...it is a small world.
                    Anytime you hunt there, be aware...you can see most anything!

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                    I actually got an email from Campbell Group last Friday saying I can come pick up signs from them that I can put up on the lease saying to verify what you are shooting at, that pigs and bears can look alike and caution against shooting a bear.
                    That's funny, because when we called the Game Warden, I think he first asked if I had been drinking , and then said I probably just saw a hog. I was glad I wasn't shocked so much that I did turn the camera on for proof.

When I talked on the phone with Texas Parks and Wildlife, I had heck convincing them it was not a hog and was most definitely a bear. I finally had to email him the video while we were on the phone...his response...Oh, that is a bear. Ya think?!?!?! LOL

I would hope most people would be able to tell the difference...they certainly don't walk the same. I would also hope that people would be careful to identify what they are shooting at. Anyone who shoots a bear in Texas is in for some deep trouble.

Comment

Was the bear ever spotted out there since or just the time you saw it?

Comment

TTT for Tuthdoc

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                          LOL

The picture that I continue to see in my mind when I think of TD

[ATTACH]191599[/ATTACH]

What a great weekend that was.
                          This picture brought tears to my eyes. We miss them both something fierce!
                          RIP TD RIP JP

Comment

Originally posted by Scribner Lite View Post
                            RIP TD RIP JP
                            Luv ya.....

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
                              Anytime someone joins and they're going through back threads and see that title, they're going to bring it to the top. I doubt this thread ever dies. LOL

You know, I hunted that blind before you and if I had seen the bear and titled it Tuthdoc Bears it all, it would have died a long, long time ago. LOL
                              Originally posted by Mary View Post
                              LOL

The picture that I continue to see in my mind when I think of TD

[ATTACH]191599[/ATTACH]

What a great weekend that was.
                              Originally posted by Scribner Lite View Post
                              RIP TD RIP JP
                              Great thread. I have seen it before but don't think I've ever brought it back to the top so thought I'd help keep Tuthdoc's prediction true.

Knew that was the back of Jaspro's head.. I sure miss them and I saw a post from Cheez on here too. That bear should be pretty good size now.

Comment

Awwwww, Mailman posted something a couple days ago on FB that made me think of Tuthdoc. Now, this thread comes back to the top.

What a great memory...the bear as well as the hunt with TD. Sure do miss him around here!

And seeing posts from Jason and Rsatt...loads of memories there as well! They are all missed very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X