No announcement yet.

Monster Oklahoma buck poached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Shane77624; 11-26-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbucksdontrun View Post
      Ok here’s the deal on this Buck, It was killed in (town) behind the baseball field, right in BP's corporate office, the guy killed it and caped it out and left the rest laying in the front of the office....
      That is the worst part. It urks me when they take the head and leave the body.

Comment

very nice buck hope yall do catch the hillbillies that did this

Comment

The GW in OK have their work cut out for them.

Comment

Greetings guys and gals. I feel the same as most of you. Poaching, shooting from the road, aid of a spotlight ect. is to easy to do in Oklahoma. The minimum fine for shooting from the road is $25 dollars. What would stop you from doing it? Sure they can tack on a "aid of a motor vehicle " and increase that by a little but, I think until the minimum fines are increased it's going to be a on going issue.

Comment

I think there is more to the story than what is being told. Nixon is the one that killed that deer, he was alone that night. He couldnt take the whole deer because the idiot drove his wifes car and couldnt haul it. Tackett is/was a friend of his and held those horns for him. The horns in the attic was Nixons also, he confessed to that and about having that owl that was there to. Nixon was getting a divorce and losing his house and asked Tackett if he could store some stuff up there. The only thing Tackett is actually guilty of is being friends with such a stupid a**.

Comment

Originally posted by Oklahomahunter9 View Post
                Okay guys, I'm new and all, but I read this because I've been keeping up with the story. I just wanted to let you all know that the guy(s) were caught, there were two of them that were caught poaching. Kenny Nixon I believed killed this buck, illegally of course, which is a huge shame, I'm sure Oklahoma Fish and Game are going to take good care of him though, but in the process Jackie (Not sure about how to spell the first name) Tackett was also caught he was caught with 96 different sets of antlers, without a single carcass tag, if you do the math thats a lot of poached deer. It's a great deer, but even a small deer poached is a loss.

I'm glad they were caught, they both deserved it.
                those horns that Tackett was caught wth were Nixons. Nixon confessed that much to the OGWs. And he acted alone in the killing of that deer.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbucksdontrun View Post
                  By my count they had 103 sets of horns, looked like two sets of elk horns, so probibly clayton elks.

I know kenny and he was ticketed for 8K , It just dont seem a big enough fine if you ask me.

PS: this is a buck They have pics of ..alot of them, he isnt the biggest one caught on film in this area, I have been told that the state record ran with this deer in the pics.

And hasnt shown up dead this year illegal or legal
                  Old man wooldrige is feeding them pretty good...Huh!!!
                  That set of Elk horns are suppose to be from a hunt in Colorado.

Comment

[QUOTE=Vitalexplosion;2051986] The minimum fine for shooting from the road is $25 dollars. QUOTE]

$25??? That's nearly $3000 less than we're paying for our lease. What the heck were we thinkin'??? Next year I'll just roadhunt for $25 a year instead of spending all that money on a lease!

Comment

Working...
                    X