No announcement yet.

Monster Oklahoma buck poached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talked to game warden again this morning trying to help him with phone numbers and contacts. He talked to the guy who I indirectly got the picture from. He is helping him with the case as well.

I did some discovery from Mr. Fennel, the game warden. He told me the deer was poached near some property where the deer had been traveling and living since the guys who were hunting that property had several pics on the game cameras which the game and fish now have. He disappeared on the cameras obviously after the buck had been poached. They assume that the buck wandered onto the neighboring property and was shot from the highway, etc. and was drug off the road. They then cut the head off and took the pic of the dead buck from up above. The game and fish have the remainder of the carcass. They have a task force running down the person who shot the deer and are getting leads often and following them. Someone will end up running their mouth and will eventually get caught. Which I hope happens soon.

Comment

OGW 310 posted this on another site. I thought I would pass the update on.

BP BUCK UP DATE......TODAY WAS THE DAY THE BP BUCK CASE WAS SOLVED.......ANTLERS IN STATE POSITION, CITATIONS ISSUED
      , PHOTOS AND DETAILS TO FOLLOW AT A LATER DATE......310

Comment

shame

Comment

Mr. Fennel called and left me a message he will be posting in the next few days with the details of what all happened. I knew that it was going to be a matter of time since these rednecks in this area would not be able to help themselves and have to tell everyone and they would come to the surface. Can't wait to hear what happened.

Comment

AWESOME I HAVE BEEN WONDERING WHat the outcome might be.

Comment

Glad they caught the sorry scum

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

score one for the good guys

Comment

Let me get this straight. A picture was posted here of a poached deer, then somebody recognized it as being the same deer on a trailcam pic from another thread. Then the person who e-mailed the original trailcam pic was tracked down, and the poacher was caught? That's just awesome work there! Thanks to everybody who had a hand in this, especially the game wardens who work so hard to help preserve our hunting heritage!

Comment

So what's the story? Any more updates?

Comment

What a shame. Glad they caught the guy.

Comment

thats a super buck. i hope they burn the fu**ers. people should be shot for doing that

Comment

Originally posted by huntresss View Post
                            Let me get this straight. A picture was posted here of a poached deer, then somebody recognized it as being the same deer on a trailcam pic from another thread. Then the person who e-mailed the original trailcam pic was tracked down, and the poacher was caught? That's just awesome work there! Thanks to everybody who had a hand in this, especially the game wardens who work so hard to help preserve our hunting heritage!
                            There are people on this site who could find Jimmy Hoffa if they wanted too

Lot's of law enforcement on here and this place is just like a great big neighborhood watch program.

Somebody tresspassin and you caught a pic of them on the GC with a partial plate, just post it on here and the hounds will start trackin Lots of that sort of crime has been solved on here.

Don't know how much we could help you out in OK but I guarantee there are people that will try

Comment

hope the accused are given hefty fines/punishments so it will never happen again

Comment

If Ok has a restituation fine what do you think it would be on this giant? I'd sure hate to be the one paying it..

Comment

Working...
                                X