No announcement yet.

Monster Oklahoma buck poached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been hunting daylight to dark since October 8th for a 160 class E.Tx buck that I've seen 1 time. If I saw some moron dragging him to the truck at 4:30am when I was driving to the stand, I don't think I would be held reponcible for my actions.

Comment

I have some family up that way... wouldn't surprise me if I see one of their photos show up on this thread.

Comment

I hear ya, but growing up in Texas and now living in Ok the mentality is different. In Texas everyone is aware the Game Wardens will hang you out to dry if caught and up here it's just like ow well, who cares. Road hunting seems to be the norm up here for a lot of folks.

Comment

Same Deer OMGoodness! What a waste, dang idiots!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonbonjovi View Post
            why is it that the trophy animals get taken illegally....that is a shame,people that do that need to have their privileges taken away permanently

It's because dink 6 points or does don't make your draw drop, and take away all inhibitions and ETHICS away to take such an animal. Also, if I'm not mistaken if you get caight poaching your hunting rights are taken away forever.

Comment

So what is the rest of the story?

Comment

Originally posted by sooner00 View Post
                I pulled this pick from an Oklahoma hunting site. From what I understand this buck was shot the night of October 1st around Wilburton Oklahoma. I don't know if the Game Wardens have the head or if they just have this picture taken by the people that did this. I do know that Game Wardens are thorougly investigating it. Hope they catch the idiots that did it.
                supposed to have this guy in the county lockup now, his name is kenny nixon

Comment

Poachign is a huge problem here in Oklahoma. It drives me crazy. You can drive the roads right during rifle season and see people just scanning fields looking for a road shot.

Comment

ttt

Comment

The game warden told me via phone message that he would be posting an update soon. They were giving the boys a chance to fess up. He left message a few days back so it should be any time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbucksdontrun View Post
                        supposed to have this guy in the county lockup now, his name is kenny nixon
                        Ok here’s the deal on this Buck, It was killed in (town) behind the baseball field, right in BP's corporate office, the guy killed it and caped it out and left the rest laying in the front of the office.

He was supposed to been caught the other day and was found with many heads in his attic.

That’s the local gossip, even though the guy who did it is not local to our town, he was from a McCurtain county area.

His name is Kenny Nixon

Comment

Update

Okay guys, I'm new and all, but I read this because I've been keeping up with the story. I just wanted to let you all know that the guy(s) were caught, there were two of them that were caught poaching. Kenny Nixon I believed killed this buck, illegally of course, which is a huge shame, I'm sure Oklahoma Fish and Game are going to take good care of him though, but in the process Jackie (Not sure about how to spell the first name) Tackett was also caught he was caught with 96 different sets of antlers, without a single carcass tag, if you do the math thats a lot of poached deer. It's a great deer, but even a small deer poached is a loss.

I'm glad they were caught, they both deserved it.

Comment

Great work by all involved!

Comment

Originally posted by Oklahomahunter9 View Post
                              Okay guys, I'm new and all, but I read this because I've been keeping up with the story. I just wanted to let you all know that the guy(s) were caught, there were two of them that were caught poaching. Kenny Nixon I believed killed this buck, illegally of course, which is a huge shame, I'm sure Oklahoma Fish and Game are going to take good care of him though, but in the process Jackie (Not sure about how to spell the first name) Tackett was also caught he was caught with 96 different sets of antlers, without a single carcass tag, if you do the math thats a lot of poached deer. It's a great deer, but even a small deer poached is a loss.

I'm glad they were caught, they both deserved it.
                              By my count they had 103 sets of horns, looked like two sets of elk horns, so probibly clayton elks.

I know kenny and he was ticketed for 8K , It just dont seem a big enough fine if you ask me.

PS: this is a buck They have pics of ..alot of them, he isnt the biggest one caught on film in this area, I have been told that the state record ran with this deer in the pics.

And hasnt shown up dead this year illegal or legal
                              Old man wooldrige is feeding them pretty good...Huh!!!
                              Last edited by bigbucksdontrun; 11-23-2009, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
                                Y'all do know there is a huge underground market for trophy racks... right??? That rack is worth a couple of grand to the right buyer. Just another byproduct of the growing obsession with large antlers..
                                Yep...

There was a couple Suburban loads of illegals caught around here couple years ago doing just that.

Comment

Working...
                                X