Cinnamon Creek Classic Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedSeal View Post
    Brett i hope u plan on shooting for 2nd cause i plan on winning this shoot! Lol!

Comment

Open/Hunter

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
      I dont think thats right on their part, i know they dont have rules to prevent it but I talked to the folks at CCR about it and they said they were not going to let the open shooters do that because it will ruin the entrees for the next time they want to have something like this. Bad news travels twice as fast as good news & them being new they dont want to start out like that.
      Just a heads up!,,,saw some of the shots that are set up for the open guys and i will say that you better have your 50yd mark rdy to go. There are some really cool shots out there. The hunter side is going to be in the zoo and from what Joe said,,its not gonna be much different than the open side on max distances and tuff shots. This will be an anual event after the ASA state and before the World and it will get better every year...for the guys going to world,,,a great shoot to practice a bit more.

not sure what im gonna do yet,,,my Triumph took a dump at state and i still cant find the issue. think the string seperated under the serving at the cam....%^$(*%$

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
        You better bring your A game
        Im bringing my A+ game lol!

Comment

Cinnamon Creek Classic Shoot

Talked to them this morning...over 70 people registered in both open & hunter class. Also cutting it down to 40 targets instead of 50. Should be fun. After only shooting 3d in 2 ASA events all year, I finally set up my 3d rig. Hope like heck I shoot better than at state!

Comment

Originally posted by rbiceo View Post
            Also cutting it down to 40 targets instead of 50. !
            That sucks. What about the people who pre- registered to shoot 50 targets? That ain't good to be changing the rules after taking the money.
            Last edited by huntinpool; 07-22-2010, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Well the reason they must be doing it is b\c it is so darn hot.
              That is why at the Classic in W. Monroe all the class start times are at 8:00 both days.

As for me, I can't compete against the male pro or male open shooters, so I won't be donating $75. And I don't think it is good practice (and somewhat unfair) for me to shoot in the Women's Hunter class. I would like to come out and walk the range and see the place since I have heard so many talk so good about it.

If they want it to be a great shoot between ASA state and ASA Classic, they should have ASA classes.

Comment

hey todd

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                That sucks. What about the people who pre- registered to shoot 50 targets? That ain't good to be changing the rules after taking the money.
                also I got the impression that the kids were getting to shoot the same course we were. I called today and they said luke would be shooting a seperate 12 target course. and he would have to enter the hunter class to shoot the course I'm on,

Comment

Okay i need to clear a couple of things up here , We have made the decision to change to 40 targets to deal with the heat . I will glady refund anyone that feels it was not what they signed up for no problems . As far as the Kids go . Every Class has there own course and we set it up that way . Like when we talked on the phone we will make it work for what ever you would like to do . These kids events are for kids to have fun. I have gotten lots of prizes for all the kids. and every kids is a winner . If this not okay please contact me directly Tracy 940-367-5344. I will do what i can . I will not be able to be on the forum we are setting up the targets and food and water stations .

Comment

hey tracy

I have no doubt you would make it right. like I've said numerous times on this forum that my son and I have had a blast everytime we've been to ccr.. love the courses and love the staff! I'm sorry if my post seemed like I was taking a shot at yall..just saying my kiddo likes shooting with dad and his buddies..doesnt want to shoot a seperate course..just giving you input for the future.. thanks..hope to see yall in the morning

Comment

I just wanna say to Papa Joe, Joey, Tracy, Ken, and the whole Cinnamon Creek Gang -Good Luck this weekend and Thank You for Putting all of this together. If it wasnt for all you Guys Puttin this together, all these Pros wouldnt have anything to Whine about. I have been to CCR MANY times and have Never had a bad time or felt like I was Getting Ripped off or Taken Advantage of. And if anyone thinks they were, or think they are getting Ripped off, then you havent ever been there, and you havent met Papa Joe and his Staff. Rock On Guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post

If they want it to be a great shoot between ASA state and ASA Classic, they should have ASA classes.

Hopefully, this will be something to look for next year. I do think it's great timing, but I would like to see all ASA classes represented as well.

With any luck, they will consider becoming an ASA sanctioned club.

Good luck to everyone shooting this weekend.

Comment

ive heard that brett york and justin bethel are both shooting pins!

Comment

There are no rules saying who has to shoot pins and who has to shoot open. So since the rules don't state it, its pretty much which class you want to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSeal View Post
                              ive heard that brett york and justin bethel are both shooting pins!
                              I talked to Bret York & he is not shooting pins, & i doght that the rest of the open shooters would lower themselves to do that to the hunter class guys. I dont think Bret will let them anyway. & i dont think they would argue with him either.

Comment

Does anyone know if they've put the range in the shade or they going to be using a bunch of open field shots? Going to be real hot if were stuck out in the open in this heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X