Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow trout View Post
      Do you think it takes more skill to shoot at 45 yrds at 246 or 45yrds at 290?
      No difference at all if you are sighted in. Now the difference is, If 246 miss-judges the yds by 2 -he is a 5 or 0. If 290 misses by 2 yds he is still a 10 or 8. The speed only helps those who can't judge distance as well stay near the 10. A Mathews Pro told me - If you are shooting 280fps and you hold CENTER 10 , you can miss the yards by 3 either way and stay a 10. But at 246 I think you have about a yard to play with either way.

Comment

Thanks Todd! Thats what I was asking.

Comment

Michael and I went to visit CCR after the Texas ASA State Championship this past weekend. That place is amazing!!!! It is an archery's paradise....they have a whole lot of something for everyone, and I can't wait to go back there and shoot their 3D ranges. If you go, be prepared to be blown away.

Comment

The Hunter class should have alot of shooters. I overheard at least 5 different people that were shooting in the open class at ASA state saying they were going to shoot with hunter setups at the CCR Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by strait shooter View Post
              The Hunter class should have alot of shooters. I overheard at least 5 different people that were shooting in the open class at ASA state saying they were going to shoot with hunter setups at the CCR Classic.
              I dont think thats right on their part, i know they dont have rules to prevent it but I talked to the folks at CCR about it and they said they were not going to let the open shooters do that because it will ruin the entrees for the next time they want to have something like this. Bad news travels twice as fast as good news & them being new they dont want to start out like that.

Comment

Good thing that we can probably pick out about 95% of the shooters in the state just between me and Brett.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                  I dont think thats right on their part, i know they dont have rules to prevent it but I talked to the folks at CCR about it and they said they were not going to let the open shooters do that because it will ruin the entrees for the next time they want to have something like this. Bad news travels twice as fast as good news & them being new they dont want to start out like that.
                  Honestly I think that this will be an advantage for shooters that have shot pins all year. I know that it takes me a couple of weeks getting adjusted for hunting season after 3D season going from a scope to pins.

With that said, I will be shooting in the open class.

Comment

My hunting sight was always my scope , just locked down on 22 yds. I will be there early for a day of shooting Trad.

Comment

So where do you get the plastic cards that show kill zones for all the animals? This is going to be my 1st time to shoot in an event like this.

Comment

Brett i hope u plan on shooting for 2nd cause i plan on winning this shoot! Lol!

Comment

Do u have to preregister cause i dont have a paypal or can i just pay when i show up? And what time does it start 7?

Comment

Originally posted by RedSeal View Post
                            Brett i hope u plan on shooting for 2nd cause i plan on winning this shoot! Lol!
                            You better bring your A game

Comment

Originally posted by bdavid1020 View Post
                              So where do you get the plastic cards that show kill zones for all the animals? This is going to be my 1st time to shoot in an event like this.
                              Originally posted by RedSeal View Post
                              Do u have to preregister cause i dont have a paypal or can i just pay when i show up? And what time does it start 7?
                              Most archery shops have them. Some have it in a scorecard holder(clipboard) and some have the cards. http://www.archeryprostaff.com/MCKEN...DER_p/9907.htm 5% off at checkout ,use TBH in coupon code

Ricky, their website says you must pre-register. Open a paypal account. It's free and safe.

Comment

Originally posted by bdavid1020 View Post
                                Also take your binos so you can see the rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X