• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats 12Ring.

Comment

Nice shot there 12ring!

Comment

Well, the deer won the war of 22/23 yesterday... my tether got tangled with the bottom limb and my 5 yard chip shot went low. So I took it out on the bunnies on the way back to the truck.

This one was the first to go
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2669.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	24704351

And this pair was my first double of the season.

Name:	IMG_2670.jpg
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	24704352

Name:	IMG_2671.jpg
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	24704353

Comment

Some nice little bunnies there. You sure are a great rabbit shot. Deer, apparently not.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good shooting Malachi, sure can’t say you didn’t try. My dang leafy suit grabbed my string on a Javelina warning shot today. Crap happen at the moment of truth sometimes. Just glad it wasn’t on a hunting shot.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              Some nice little bunnies there. You sure are a great rabbit shot. Deer, apparently not.

Apparently... Guess I need to practice more!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
                Good shooting Malachi, sure can’t say you didn’t try. My dang leafy suit grabbed my string on a Javelina warning shot today. Crap happen at the moment of truth sometimes. Just glad it wasn’t on a hunting shot.

I told ya you should have cut that sleeve off at the armpit!!!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  I told ya you should have cut that sleeve off at the armpit!!!!!!!

Bisch

That's what armguards are for!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                    That's what armguards are for!
                    That’s with an arm guard! I cut the left sleeve off at the elbow, and string caught the armpit of the leafy suit still. Gotta take the scissors to it again…

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
                      That’s with an arm guard! I cut the left sleeve off at the elbow, and string caught the armpit of the leafy suit still. Gotta take the scissors to it again…
                      Dang! I guess my bino harness keeps the armpit tight on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                        Dang! I guess my bino harness keeps the armpit tight on mine.
                        My fat keeps mine tight.

Comment

2023 Trad Harvest Thread

I’ve been after this old buck since mid October. I missed him at the end of October then he disappeared during no-show November. As usual, I got busy with hunters and did not have any time to hunt for myself from December until yesterday. I got to the stand super early yesterday afternoon, noticed the wind direction was sort of marginally wrong and started to walk back to the truck but something told me it was worth a shot so I turned around and got settled in. The blind was sort of an old school brush blind which doesn’t do much for scent containment. The wind usually has to be perfect but at 5 o clock I had two big 170 inch 5 year olds on my corn pile and they had no idea I was there.

At 5:15 they both looked to my right, pinned their ears and eased off out of sight. This buck came in, asserted his dominance and I didn’t have to wait long for a broadside shot. As I pulled an arrow out of my quiver the fletching brushed the one next to it and he looked straight in to the hole in the brush blind. I thought it was over for a moment but he relaxed and put his head back down. I nocked the arrow and waited again for him to turn. When I released the impact looked high but I could see a spray of blood on brush 3 feet high and knew he was done.

He went 150 yards into some of the thickest brush on the property despite the 200 grain Jager broadhead putting a huge hole in both lungs. It took me over an hour to get him out by myself.
                          Last edited by Sika; 01-22-2023, 05:21 PM.

Comment

That's a nice old buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats Courtney!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Wow Sika, that’s a beaut!

Comment

Working...
                                X