X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxxAgg View Post
    So I was right...you do loathe him!
    He is a joke.

Guy only shoots hogs yet is telling everyone to "shoot adult arrows" that have the trajectory of a thrown rock to kill everything from Mice to Moose....even though he has never done it and is piggy backing off a guys 40 year old study about archery in relation to African Animals.

Then his instagram feed is filled up with rubes who builds some carbon log and shoots a yearling deer and writes "gee golly Mr. Fairy, your adult arrow system sure does work great".

Gimme a effin' break.

You wanna ask someone for advice on archery gear, ask Chuck Adams, Fred Eichler, Randy Uhlmer...you know, guys who have actually done some hunting.
    Last edited by txtrophy85; 11-08-2022, 07:35 AM.

Comment

The Iron Will guys have some awesome flight data and research into their BH. They would say that tip is screwed, and they would have an opinion on the type of metal used for that BH.

Where I would get concerned is if you hit a rib or shoulder with that tip like that. While the burr looks small, the burr will use up more energy pushing through the hide, and you loose vital energy necessary to get through the rest of the animal.

Comment

Deer have been being killed with chipped rocks on the front of arrows forever. I wouldn't worry too much about the burr.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          The Iron Will guys have some awesome flight data and research into their BH. They would say that tip is screwed, and they would have an opinion on the type of metal used for that BH.

Where I would get concerned is if you hit a rib or shoulder with that tip like that. While the burr looks small, the burr will use up more energy pushing through the hide, and you loose vital energy necessary to get through the rest of the animal.
          Iron will guys are using data to sell a product.

I don’t think a microscopic burr is going to cause the arrow to bounce off. May take more energy, but how much more…a 1/8th lb of KE?

Comment

With the rock blessing, you may consider staying away from low to mid range two blade single bevels. Ive not had good luck with tips not curling or straightening bent ferrules after hitting hard objects.

Thats a good plug for the Rage Hypodermics MrSlayer.

Ive broken 2 3blade G5s on spine shot bucks. I just thought my bow was super powerful. Which it is. Now I know more why they really broke. Thanks Rick.

Good skilling Mr85.

Comment

With the tip cleaned up, I’d have no problem using it again on deer. I shoot vpa’s and have been shooting the same ones for years. Just clean them up and resharpen, reprofiling the tip if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                Deer have been being killed with chipped rocks on the front of arrows forever. I wouldn't worry too much about the burr.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
                Kinda what I was thinking but usually get hammered for expressing an opinion.

Comment

Working...
                X