• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-frican Awesome!
    Good skilling Gary.
    I look forward to the LDPs and stories.

Comment

Had a hartebeest killed today, some Impala missed, one Impala hit in the backstrap, [emoji3525] and a Kudu wounded. That one not me thank goodness.
      Saw some warthogs going in. Some people seeing a bunch while others see nil. Tomorrow is a new day.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

I snuck a pic at the cleaning shed. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220904_133013_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	24691961Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220904_132906_HDR.jpg
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	24691962

Comment

In!

Comment

If the entry was a mirrored image,.. I bet that was a gusher..

Comment

Yeah he said it blew right through. Simmons shark. Young fella. He said he sold his car to come here. He said he'll worry about that when he gets back.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                Yeah he said it blew right through. Simmons shark. Young fella. He said he sold his car to come here. He said he'll worry about that when he gets back.

Now that is what I call dedication! Good luck DRT. I got some blood on the ground but couldn't do it with traditional equipment. Stay safe and let the air out of something!

Comment

Got a new PH this morning. Apparently the competition is important to them and he was up two animals with his closet competitor being the owner with one, the Eland. Soutie was the PH for the other two and apparently all it takes is farting in the blind once to make your PH ask for a new client. [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]
                  It was a beautiful morning with the sunrise and a light breeze. The guinea fowl were early and numerous but it seemed it may be another slow morning. However there were some wildebeest about seven or eight hundred yards on crossing the two track now and then and he said they would be in later.
                  That's when I discovered Soutie's luck may have run out. I had left my glove at camp.
                  So after a bit he got out to lose some coffee, so far only a duiker had come to water at 27 yards, and I hit the feed bucket with a thumper head to make sure I was okay. And it was but when the moment of truth came that shot at 8 yards didn't translate into as good a shot at 17 yards.
                  Finally showing up in the opening they stood on the other side of the clearing as if debating on whether to commit or not. After ten minutes of that they started to move in. Soutie told me to watch him, one for left, two for right. Little did we know the wildebeest already had a plan to all be left.

Comment

Lining up all facing the sun and the wind was a bit surprising to me . . .Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220905-120300.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	24692000

Comment

As that one to the left came to the trough the PH said shoot that one. So as soon as it stuck it's nose it the water I lined up, drew and let go. While the arrow was on the way they were jumping the trough and scattering. I watched helpless as the arrow struck too far back but fortunate was on my side. She hooked around the big tank and stopped behind a bush. Another right beside her. We watched her a bit knowing she was getting weak. Finally she lay down. Tail flopping some and head starting to bob. Finally laying out and dying in sight.
                      Got two holes with a Magnus Stinger four blade with the broadhead just through the offside. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220905-090157.jpg
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	24692002

Comment

Congrats! Cool looking critter

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

So far just some non shooters this afternoon. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220905_165011.jpg
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	24692003

Comment

Congrats Sir!

Comment

Awesome !
                              Congrats !

Rick

Comment