Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Riding a bicycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At it again.

Photogenic.

We arrived at fdr at same time. Fdr spun as I was setting my beer down (covert caught it).
    Used fdr noise to open beer one handed w pigs 25 yds.
    I contribute a wet slick hand from spilling a lil beer on it for miss # 1.
    75# sow. Cut hair low.
    I figger they be back. Went ahead & opened other beers so as to be sneaky bout it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220302-172527_CovertWireless.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	24678357

Comment

I look forward to reading your hunting stories, always entertaining, good luck.

Comment

As soon as I read "setting my beer down" I knew I was gonna be entertained. But I must say, those are some of the dumbest pigs I've seen, lol.

Comment

Not too spooked

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
          As soon as I read "setting my beer down" I knew I was gonna be entertained. But I must say, those are some of the dumbest pigs I've seen, lol.
          I actually drove right up on them in the truck, lol. They were on a food plot where I park the truck. Only bout 80 yds from feeder, lol.

They eased into the timber then we were in a race to the feeder!

The lil ones were actually already there as I eased close enough to set my beers in the chair. As I done so, the feeder spun and about 20 bigger pigs came storming in!

I've actually shot at em a couple times on the food plot, from the truck! And walked in on em at the feeder several times.

Back again this a.m. Watch for LDP's this eve!

Name:	Screenshot_20220303-082846_CovertWireless.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	24678387
          Last edited by 12ring; 03-03-2022, 08:41 AM. Reason: Add

Comment

Little ones can be really clueless.
            A mature pig can be tough to kill with a bow.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

We kill tons of em here w training wheels. Even Ethan has killed & stuck a few.

Lots of times we shoot smaller pigs just cuz the bigger/mature pigs hang up and won't come in.

But if there is a S wind, they don't stand a chance. Wide open pasture for 100s of yards N of stand. They gotta come in from the S, SE, or SW. And stand is N of fdr.

Comment

Just stuk another!

Comment

No braggin till you're draggin!!!

But we wanna hear ya braggin.[emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    No braggin till you're draggin!!!

But we wanna hear ya braggin.[emoji106]

Brag bout all the locust thorns in my hide! Good blood trail for 70 yds. Went into a nasty locust thicket. Only light was my phone. Followed 20 yds into that mess and declined to continue.

Was a 50# sow. 15 yd shot. Hit mid body but 1/4 away. Arrow buried to feathers w BH sticking out 2' on opposite side.
                    I really need to be more prepared, lol.
                    I was sitting in a lawn chair in work clothes. 3 diff groups came in multiple times before I got the shot I wanted.
                    Thought for sure I had this one.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                      Brag bout all the locust thorns in my hide! Good blood trail for 70 yds. Went into a nasty locust thicket. Only light was my phone. Followed 20 yds into that mess and declined to continue.

Was a 50# sow. 15 yd shot. Hit mid body but 1/4 away. Arrow buried to feathers w BH sticking out 2' on opposite side.
                      I really need to be more prepared, lol.
                      I was sitting in a lawn chair in work clothes. 3 diff groups came in multiple times before I got the shot I wanted.
                      Thought for sure I had this one.
                      Pigs can be tough to kill for sure. I had a couple shots this year I thought were good shots, and on deer they would have been perfect shots, but on pigs… they weren’t..

The small ones are jumpy, the big boars are armored.

Comment

And the little ones move so much and so quickly just eating.

Comment

Camo over-rated ?

Had to move lawn chair as far E as I could due to wind. Was still set up 15 yds from feeder in wide open.
                          These groups of pigs kept coming in/out. One would booger and they'd all leave, just to come right back 5 min later (bout the time I'd sit back down and pop a top).
                          Several diff times I had pigs at 5 yds and they didn't have a clue, lol.
                          Must've been my "sky blue" camo working for me!

Name:	Screenshot_20220316-022554_CovertWireless.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	24679021

Comment

Foggy

And must not of boogered em too bad cause they right back this am !

Name:	Screenshot_20220316-080114_CovertWireless.jpg
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	24679022

Comment

Blame it on Bisch !

Blaming this one on Bisch !
                              All I could think of were Bischs' words "get em closer" while I watched 6-7 piglets last night at UNDER 5 yds and 2 sows at under, but near 20.

I tried using reverse psychology tonight. I'd hide INSIDE the deer pen but only 15 yds from outside pig feeder.

I'm sitn in a lawn chair (actually standing) while these piglets are trying to come in with me, lol.

Was waiting on the sows to hit my 12 yd corn pile.

But they wouldn't hardly. And when they got close they were facing me or turning fast to leave. At one point I could have shot either sow at just under 15 yds but I'd be shooting through the hog panels, from the inside out, lol!

Normally I'd of sent one immediately but for Bischs' advice, lol. I wanted a "slam dunk"!
                              I bet I drew somewhere between 76 and 83 times trying / thinking I had the shot. But either angle wasn't right, lil pigs in the way, really too far, wouldn't hold still, etc...

Ended up not getting a shot at all. But there's always tomorrow!

I'm just off camera by the little tree w arrow. At one pt the piglets were at the dot. I was standing pretty much in the wide open.
                              Although I did put on a gray jkt this time!

Name:	Screenshot_20220316-224923_CovertWireless.jpg
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	24679062

Comment

Heck our pigs are spooky. Guess they ain't hungry enough.[emoji1]

Comment

Working...
                                X