Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My point EGGSZACKLY!

Comment

Great thread and good read, why I come to this site. Hopefully you get one soon, I lucked out early this year.

Comment

Went to Taj Majl today guys... wasn't quite expecting the strong wind... Movement was slow... As in no deer seen.. Skunked again Oh well, outside of the wind, it was nice this eve! And Pipeworx, don't feel too bad for me, I have killed some deer this year... Just not the particular one I'm after Like I said yesterday, the deer numbers in my neck of the woods aren't high, so you'll have stretches like this. Heck, even when they are moving great, the average for me is prob 3-4 deer, maybe up to 8 or so on the plots where I can see. So, no worries, they'll come around, and I'll be ready when they do! Even though a feller can't help but wonder, I'm pretty confident I'm still doing what I need to do. Huntin my good winds, etc. Kinda feel like I would have seen a doe or two this eve if that ol wind hadn't picked up so much. Part of me feels like I jinxed myself by doing a thread bout huntin this deer Keep at em is all ya can do!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Don't hunt Weds, back after em Thurs, and am sooo ready to hunt a morning hunt come Saturday! Even though the weather I'm seeing looks terrible for Sat. morn! That moon coming up bout dark sure was purty!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
          Attached Files

Comment

You'll get it done!! Still plenty of time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I noticed that moon yesterday! Keep after them, and good luck, Rusty!

Bisch

Comment

Many people hate the full moon but I enjoy it. I've been known to sleep in and not go out until 8 then sit till noon. Always get a late morning movement.

Comment

I don't mind it when I'm hunting, not a fan of it when I'm working!!

Comment

Well, went after em this eve at the south plot, had one small buck come by in range, luckily it wasn't somethin I was gonna shoot, cuz it was basically too dark to shoot. Hey! At least I didn't get skunked! Usually this is my best eve spot at my place, but, just really slow right now. Still huntin the "good" winds, keeping my nose to the grind-stone. Did hear 3 successive hi power rifle shots on a neighbor, a little after 5:00. That'll always make your mind wonder... Which buck died now? Are they huntin legal? And on, and on Course maybe (hopefully) they just dropped a pig or three! No hunt tomorrow eve, off this weekend, so I get to hunt Saturday morn during the "pre-front" weather. Looks warm, and humid, but I'll be there! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Avoided the skunk. Way to stay after them.

Gary

Comment

Yeah DRT, that's a plus for sure! The worst part of going through "spells" like this, is I always start questioning my methods, strategies, and anything else that may be "causing" these lack of deer sightings. Turns out I'm doing nothing different than back when I WAS seeing deer consistently, and it's prob just more to do with the hunting pressure on the neighboring property being much greater than I originally thought. I was consistently seeing deer, in bow range, up until the week before Thanksgiving break, that's when it started. We will see how this last little stretch pans out. One thing (prob the only thing) I am purty good at, is staying after em, even when the deer sightings are few. Cuz all it takes is that one time... Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

You're sticking with it for sure, it'll pay off!!

Comment

That's right and you have to be there when that one time comes up. Or you'll never know it did and always wonder . . .

Gary

Comment

Ok, so, let's see... I hunted the eve of the 15th, family stuff Friday eve the 16th, had to fabricate some Christmas presents in my shop on the 17th, and finally got to hunt the eve of the 18th. Whew! Anyway, got climbed up at the Swamp Ladder at a little before 2:00 pm Sunday eve. Bout all I got to report was it was plenty chilly, and I saw a lone buck of some sort bout 75 yds north of me at 5:00. That was it. But, I didn't get skunked! Still a little slow in my neck of the woods. Anyway, hunted Sandhill plot yesterday eve, and ended up seeing 3 does, but they never quite got into range. Can't shoot em anyway, but, still like "counting coup"! around 5:20, kept hearing the cat squirrels raisin Cain Bout somethin, and finally caught movement. Two younger bobcats came out of the thicket, and were jumpin, wrestling, and just having a grand ol time! Thought what the heck, and started mouth squeeking to em. Got one of em to within 15 yds, and it stopped right behind a big oak, and just stayed there. Cats will do that lots of times, so I just waited him out. Finally, he couldn't stand it, and started slinking out from behind it. Basically, all I had by this time, was a silhouette to shoot at, cuz it was almost slap dark. Just let him, and by this time his brother/sister ease on off. Cat coup, Didnt get off work early enough (4:45) this eve to go, even though I go in at 5:00 a.m. to get off at 1:30 if things are "going smooth". Which they weren't. Plus, I'm trying to get a bunch done before the week is done! Soo, if I can get off early enough, tomorrow may be my last hoorah guys! I'm going "under the knife" Thursday the 22nd! (rotator cuff) I got it scheduled as late in the year as i could, so it wouldnt jack up my huntin! Which is another reason I'm trying to get stuff sewed up at work before I'm one-armed for awhile. Ya never know, it may just happen tomorrow eve! Like I always say, it only takes one moment, in one hunt! But hey, it's still been plenty awesome for me an the Ol Sarrels, 3 deer, a hog, and lotsa stumps! May be that Ol Lopside is just WAAAY smarter than me! (which ain't sayin much!) I'm thinkin bout tryin to hunt the last little bit of season with my ol 9mm, shootin one handed, at some different dead tree tops layin round. Still hafta get em fairly close, so it's the closest simulation I could get, I reckon. I REALLY appreciate all y'all for taggin along, and puttin up with me. Lotsa positives, several GOOD bucks in longbow range, that I had shots at, had I not been waiting on my nemesis! I have really enjoyed the ride, and even if I don't get the buck I'm after... It's still been a success for me! Thanks for blessing me with the feedback/comments, hope I'll be yanking the Ol Sarrels back purty soon! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

P.S. Plan on goin to Buffs in Feb just ta meet some of y'all worthless suckers! Maybe I can get in the tomahawk throwin contest, since I can do that one armed!
                              Last edited by spidermonkey; 12-20-2016, 09:57 PM. Reason: Cuz ima dummy

Comment

Heal up quickly.
                                I enjoyed watching along on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X