X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a look inside the blind at one of the two shelves for stuff
    Attached Files

Comment

With a little less than hour of light left, a doe with twins finally show to feed. I say "finally" cuz usually in here, they are starting to show up prob two hrs or more before dark. I'm starting to wonder if the neighbors gun huntin/etc. is effecting me more than what I thought it would? Sorry bout the terrible pic, phone camera don't like being in the dark blind, taking pics into the brighter field.
      Attached Files

Comment

While the ladies were trying to eat a bite, this little 4 pt came in to run em round a bit. They left, only to show back up bout 10 mins later, with him in tow. I had one more doe/fawn show up with bout 5 mins of light left. I could tell they would end up being within 15 yds or so purty soon, so I figured I better get em outta here. I did my old standby coyote howl when they were still bout 50 plus yds out. They perked up, raised their flags and trotted off into the brush. I then was able to gather my stuff, and slip on out. Not the movement I thought I would have, but hey, I still saw some deer!! And didn't get skunked like yesterday eve! Thanks for being patient, and tagging along guys! Will get a hunt in before church, and no church tomorrow eve, so will hit em again then. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
        Attached Files

Comment

Just caught up on your hunt. That pic with your daughter and her deer is priceless. Good luck tomorrow, hope it happens for you.

Comment

Always enjoy the pics!! Good luck tomorrow Rusty!!

Comment

Really enjoying this thread Rusty.

Comment

Fibbed to ya guys... No huntin for me yesterday cuz that windy, warm, and humid weather chnged my mind. Since its cooled off again, if I can get off work early enough this afternoon, I am headed to Swamp Ladder. Its a good spot for this wind, and for eve activity. Fingers crossed... Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Get 'em. I'm putting up Christmas lights and covering the pool today. I need something to help me through.

Comment

Good luck!! I'm heading out here pretty soon myself.

Comment

Well, no pics, and no deer! Got skunked again boys. I was huntin Swamp Ladder cuz the last couple times I have hunted eves there, I saw bucks. Course in my simple mind I'm thinking "they must be moving good in the morning" since I haven't got to hunt in the a.m. in awhile Gonna hit em at Taj tomorrow eve, cuz I seem to see deer purty good there late in the season. It's sometimes a little slow this time of year, but I admit, I am a little stumped at the moment. But, then again, I don't have big numbers of deer, so you'll have this happen a lot more than ya want! I can remember a few years ago, I hunted 13 days with no deer sightings. All kinds of things enter a mans mind... Is my stand(s) in the wrong spot? Do I need to change my in/out routes? Is what I thought a "good wind" for this spot really a "bad wind"? On, and on, it goes. I seem to forget the fact that I may have had MANY good hunts here, or there. Anyway, what I mentioned earlier bout huntin 13 hunts in a row (several different stands of course), with no deer... I just kept on plodding, and on the 14th hunt, I shot an 11pt that i had been after all year. Sometimes, they just ain't moving while your there huntin! So, tomorrow, I will plod on! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

You can't outguess them, that's for sure!! Good luck tomorrow.

Comment

I need to mention this... I CHOOSE to plod on. Because, I still just enjoy being out there, soaking up what the Good Lord has blessed us with... With my Ol Sarrels hangin there, ready for IF that time does come. But, still full inside regardless the outcome! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

No deer hunts are tough especially on windy cold days. Season is getting late and deer move later. Food sources are good choices.

Gary

Comment

Yep, yep, and yep... I hear ya DRT, but sometimes you're just gonna get skunked! I think another appropriately named title for this thread would be Welcome to THEIR World! Cuz we are in their world, trying to beat them at their game! Which, to me, is a BIG part of the fun!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Yeah but if it were easy it wouldn't be so satisfying.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X