No announcement yet.

Welcome to my world...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started not to even put this on, but, Bisch always says a thread is better with pics! I hope that means even if they are terrible!! Like I said, when he was close, didn't want to risk trying to get camera out of my pocket, but when he finally started walking away, I went for it. Not good quality, but you can still make out a deer, and kinda some horns if ya look real close I didn't do my usual walking in, different views, etc. pictures since I've already done that for this stand. I didn't want to bore yall more than I already am But, if ya don't mind "repeats", I will just do it every time I'm going, don't matter to me! Not sure bout tomorrow eves wind for any of my spots, but, wind looks primo for Hardwood Hill Saturday morn. Just depending on what "The Boss" needs me to do Saturday, I may go for my first "green apple" sit of the season. But, will for sure at least hunt from daylight till bout noon. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
    Attached Files

Comment

I take it curly is a future draft choice. Always enjoy seeing them. The more you get to see their routines, behaviors and tendencies the better chance you have to get them in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah DRT, he's definitely a nice up and comer! Based on what I've seen so far from him, he stays on my place purty good. So, if a doe dont drag him in front of a gun, I think he will make it. And on a plus, what little huntin I have around me, he's got a good chance at making it through. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Did you hunt this evening Rusty?

Comment

Didn't get free from work until 5:30! And FYI, I'm going to the "Lease" in the morn instead of at the house after Lopside. Got some good bucks runnin round down there too! My good huntin bud that's on it with me likes for us to go together when we can, so I said why not A little change of scenery, and give Ol Lopside a rest Have no fear, I'll be back after him at the home place tomorrow eve! I'll update that hunt from the lease as well. Cuz like a said, this thing should have just been "A Year in the Life of a Trad Hunter"! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Oh, and "The Lease" is a different county, so, can kill a buck at both places Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Good luck, Rusty!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                  Oh, and "The Lease" is a different county, so, can kill a buck at both places Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                  That's always a plus. No such thing as too many places to hunt!!

Comment

Well, letcha down today guys, sorry! My youngest daughter came home Friday from college, and decided she wanted to "come out of retirement" and go huntin this mornin! Well, ain't gonna turn that down! Funny story behind that; we had been shootin her gun again the last few times she had come in, but hadn't been hunting, cuz she hadn't got her license, and now that she's 19, she has to have her Hunters Ed. Soo, last night we did her course online, got her certified, and momma ran her to Wally world, and got her license. In bed a little after midnight 5 a.m. came early, I fiddled around, made a light breakfast, coffee, and finally decided to wake her up bout 5:30. She got up pretty easy, and we were on our way by bout 6:00 a.m. I know that sounds late, but as I've mentioned, we are very blessed that the family land is just a couple miles up the road. Plus, we weren't having to walk as far, and it's just easier to "get ready" when you're going gun huntin. Is for me anyway. I will admit, we did cut it a little close! After a very fast walk, got in the cow panel ground blind by 6:30, and by 6:40, I was tapping her on the leg that the first deer were easing out of the thicket! We were enjoying the wonderful cool morning, had deer already within 75 yds after sitting just 10 mins, and thanking the Good Lord for all of this. She was still enjoying watching the doe and fawn feeding when ol dad tapped her on the knee again... More does coming in at the plum thicket in the SE corner! She was just over there grinning like a possum! I couldn't have planned it to be this good Well, as she was watching the newest arrivals, as was lookin back N to make sure the first does weren't sneaking down the edge of the thicket I have this blind brushed into. Cuz when you're looking down the edge to the N, the edge "bends" back, so you can look away, look back, and have deer within 15 yds Anyway, I was trying to look to make sure that wasn't going to happen, and saw a deer through all the limbs, and thought "there y'all are.." Well as I was watching through the limbs, the deer moved its head where I could see it... Buck!! Told my daughter, "Hattie, get your gun, get ready!!" she couldn't see him cuz of the thick stuff, but I could see he was headed our way, and like, right now!! She got her gun up, ready, he finally came into her view, I "maaaped" at em, he put on the brakes...BOOM!! He plowed through the plum thicket, and into the swamp woods, and all was quiet.... Looked at my watch... 6:48! Glad she had ta work hard for it!! This was on the South Plot,where I have taken y'all with me before, and we were in the cow panel blind that I pointed out to ya in one of my posts. I had not hunted, or even been in this area for over two weeks, cuz I was hoping she might want to go! Well... I told her she hit em, it looked good, but we weremgonna wait till 7:30 to go give it a look see (yeah right!) We went over how everything happened, FAST, where she thought she hit him, who'd she see anything after he bulldozed through the plum thicket, etc. We made it till 7:10 Eased out to point of impact (bout 30-40 yds), hey, everything is setup for Bowhunting! Anyway, no blood, hands and knees lookin into plum thicket, nothing, circle around thicket, no blood.. Told her we were gonna go into the thicket for bout 15 yards deep, make a circle where I thought he'd gone and if we find nothing, return to point A, and start over lookin foe blood. Started our loop into the woods, and ended up almost stepping on him Smiles all around!! Hugs, and thanks to the Lord for answering our prayers, cuz I think we were both getting a little worried! But, while we were sittin there after the shot, I told her; "Hattie, you might want to say a prayer to Jesus.." She said, "I already have!" Anyway, not a trad bowhunt after Ol Lopside, but, actually, ALOT BETTER!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

WOW! Sorry bout the novel! Don't figure I'll type that much if I kill Lopside! I am, and we are, truly blessed... Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

That's awesome!! Congrats to you and your daughter!! Was he a pretty good one?

Comment

She got on to me for this pic! We had been battling dragging that sucker, we were hot, and she had her toboggan pushed back on her head And, if yall were wondering, yes, I have seen this buck. Twice, to be exact, grunted him in at Sand Hill, and one morning at Hardwood Hill. And yes, both times in longbow range But, he was obviously passed by me for a "grander" purpose on down the road!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Heck yeah!! That's a good one!!

Comment

Just thought this was a "fitting" picture. Cuz the Lord was for sho shining down on us this morning! I left her with the deer when I went to get all the stuff out of the blind, and when I came back, she was smoothing his coat down, and talking to him. Didn't ask her what she was saying, didn't want to know, just was a special moment to me that she valued the animal she had just killed, and didn't take the moment lightly. This is her 4th deer, but, by far best buck! Thank yall for tagging along on this "non-trad" hunt Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                              Attached Files

Comment

Congrats to Hattie! That was an awesome read, Rusty! And that last pic is a classic!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X