What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
    How old do y'all think he is? I was guessing 5 to 5 1/2. But i suck at aging deer.

I do too. But he's mature for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
      Hunt him and him only... Wind is right - dark night - cross your fingers and toes...
      That's how I feel as well. I don't need meat bad enough to risk blowing a chance at a mature deer.

Comment

If it were me, I would call my good buddy in Monroe, LA, let him head over and help me kill him! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
          They changed our regulations this year for the county I live in. We can take 2 does during archery season and the first 2 weeks of rifle season. But I have another place I go that I can take does at till the end of regular season as well.
          This would be enough to make me designate that spot solely for hunting that buck.

Comment

Whack the doe, it's not going to mess up your hunting. I shot a doe last year and had her buddies blow at me for 10 min after the shot. Twenty minutes later I shot a 60's buck.

Comment

If your end goal is to get that buck, I would agree with everybody else, only hunt that buck.

I can't control myself though... I'd be up there trying to drop does. If I never saw that buck in daylight, I'd just say... "well, he needed another year anyways"

Comment

I would not want to take a chance of bumping that buck. He is a HOSS!

Comment

Originally posted by Danielb89 View Post
                  If it were me, I would call my good buddy in Monroe, LA, let him head over and help me kill him! HAHAHAHA!!!!
                  It's a good thing you said "good buddy"! I thought I was gonna have to ask you to come over! Lol just kiddin good buddy ole pal!!
                  But you've already came over and shot my hogs so I'm gonna have to say x-nay on the buck!

Comment

Man, I couldn't sleep at all last night. Laid there strategizing about this deer. The other place I go is a wma and there is only a 1 deer limit and I have 2 pinch points scouted out to hunt during the rut. So I'll probably not even go there till the rut is in full swing. If I shoot a doe I can't go back, but if I don't get a buck during the rut I can go back there and stick a late season doe. (Or possibly a buck)
                    Now this new deer has me all worked up. My best chance for him is probably going to be pre rut and rut. And where the does are the Bucks are sure to follow. So... I probably don't need to be shooting any does right now.
                    So do I go stick a doe on the wma and only hunt this buck the rest of the year? Or do i pop a doe now and hunt him hard during the rut, and still hunt my pinch points when the wind isn't good for this deer? Omg...... Big bucks drive me crazy!!!!!

Comment

Hard to answer the question! If you do kill a doe from the area, it would be a good idea to save her pee and her tarsal glands to use later in the Rut!

Good luck!

Comment

What a jerk!!! Keeping the good bucks for yourself! I WAS going to invite you over so we could hunt some local public land. You would love this style. Riding in in boat, fun stuff!

Comment

I already do that where I hunt!! Lol

Comment

well you still suck!

Comment

I would just corn the heck out of it(if legal) and hunt him sparringly untill he starts showing up on camera in daylight. Shooting a doe there could hurt you. especially if you have to track her into his bedroom. Does are great bait. I have some cajun friends that can never catch a mess of catfish because they always end up eating their bait!

Comment

I hunt pretty much the same scenario and we hunt does during the archery season and try to get them as early as possible.
                                Once the rut starts those bucks will have a short memory as long as there are more does around.
                                If you have a plan B place to hunt then it's pretty much your call, but it won't bother anything to kill does now.

Comment

Working...
                                X