Recurve vs long bow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
    I like both, and shoot either about the same. At least the ones I have. I love the bow I'm shooting now though and it's a longbow.
    And you shoot it well.

Comment

Well I'm doing my best to shoot the 40 or so pounds of draw weight I have now. Although drawing it is easy, controlling my follow through is something I still struggle with after a couple dozen shots so I'm going to shoot what I have for a bit to build up that strength and stamina. It's a lot different than a compound for sure. Some time next year I will be moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        So far a recurve; because I haven't found a longbow that feels as good as my widow recurve.
        Have you shot the Sarrel's blueridge s/r? I thought I loved recurves till I shot that bow. Worth looking into if you are in the market for a longbow.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
          Have you shot the Sarrel's blueridge s/r? I thought I loved recurves till I shot that bow. Worth looking into if you are in the market for a longbow.
          Yes I have, more than a couple times.

Comment

I just look at the lines of those two bows and like them. The blockier risers on a lot of the recurves, especially the take down ones, aren't as appealing to me either. In the end of course it will come down to what I can shoot best. But the slimmer lines and straighter grip are motivating factors.

Comment

Working...
            X