Broad head sharpening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco View Post
    I use the angled wooden blocks with diamond stones on them. It sharpens one side of each blade at the same time. You can buy the diamond stones from Harbour Freight for about 12 bucks and make your own real easy.
    This is a very cool set up. Great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
      Draco
      That is pure genius. Where did you get the block and if you made it your self what angle is that on each side ??
      A friend had one that he had bought and I took it to another friend that makes cabinets and had him cut me a board about 4' long at the same angle. So I don't actually know the angle. I can try to find the angle for you though.

Comment

Chances are it's either 22.5 or 25 degrees.

Comment

I use my lansky, I tried the file route and while I know I could learn it the lansky just works so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Chances are it's either 22.5 or 25 degrees.
            I'm shooting ace glue on broad heads and checked their website, doesn't give an angle for the bevel but I bet you are right. Time to fire up the table saw and see what I can come up with

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
              A friend had one that he had bought and I took it to another friend that makes cabinets and had him cut me a board about 4' long at the same angle. So I don't actually know the angle. I can try to find the angle for you though.
              Appreciate it brother

Comment

I use a file and a diamond hone to finish. Use a marker to "blacken" the edge before starting and it helps keep you on the same path. I have had very good success with this system. I also have been playing with my worksharp knife sharpener and it appears to work well for 2 blades also. On a side note, I am not sure what the deal is with 3 blades or maybe just Razorcaps but I have three of them that I cannot get sharp to save my life. I have tried several different methods per videos on youtube and all with the same results. They are sharp but nothing like the edge I can get on my 2 blade heads.

Comment

X3

Quick and easy! And gets them super duper sharp! Took a little practice for me to learn to hold at the proper angle. But now my wife complains because I don't have hair on my left forearm or my left leg during hunting season!! Lol

Comment

Working...
                  X