Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Broad head sharpening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broad head sharpening

Favorite way to sharpen two blade broadheads.

Diamond stone if really dull bt finish with a fine Arkansas stone. I use an old cut off shafts that I screw them into to hold while sharpening.

Comment

I use the angled wooden blocks with diamond stones on them. It sharpens one side of each blade at the same time. You can buy the diamond stones from Harbour Freight for about 12 bucks and make your own real easy.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        I use the angled wooden blocks with diamond stones on them. It sharpens one side of each blade at the same time. You can buy the diamond stones from Harbour Freight for about 12 bucks and make your own real easy.
        That is sweet....I use a file...lol Good idea!

Comment

I sharpen them like I do my knives. Worksharp when available, if not, just a regular hone abs finish off with a steel and strop

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

I just use a file, I always have at least one with me.

Comment

I use a KME knife sharpener. It is the same basic design as a Lansky, only better!

I am sharpening challenged, and can't sharpen anything unless I have some kind of guide to hold a consistent angle.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                I just use a file, I always have at least one with me.
                X2 here. A 12" mill ******* file and a skinny Arkansas stone to remove the burr.

Comment

A clamp on sharpener. Too critical not to have a perfectly razor sharp head that will slice paper without any burrs. Exact angle can be repeated using a tool.

Comment

Comment

When its "doggone dull". Byron Ferguson sharpening broadheads and an interesting philospohy on why not surgically sharp. He cracks me up.

muzzy, schrade, knives, hunting, bowhunting, shooting, archery, trick shooting, impossible shots, shootingusa, the outdoor channel, history channel, robinhood, howard hill, ben pearson, arrow heads.

Draco...that is a cool setup.
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 10-10-2016, 08:30 AM. Reason: SetupSpake

Comment

Draco
                        That is pure genius. Where did you get the block and if you made it your self what angle is that on each side ??

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                          Great idea.

Comment

THIS
                            puts a razors edge on anything and pretty quick if it has decent steel.

Comment

File and leather strop here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X