What to do with bow in the stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco View Post
    I sew either one or two clothing hooks on my pants legs and hook my string on them. Been using them for years now and don't think I could keep my bow from falling with out them.
    Holy crap! I was just thinking about that concept last trip out. I though... i need a hook sewn to my shirt so that I could not worry about the bow falling if I dozed off.

Comment

I have a little carabiner attached to the belay loop on my harness that I hook the string to similar to Draco's idea. The upside is that its a little more secure. The downside is that i have to unclip it to shoot. I hunt in target poor areas so its no big deal for me.

Comment

I usually hold my bow across my lap just to cut down on movement should I have to prepare to draw.

Comment

Originally posted by draco View Post
          i sew either one or two clothing hooks on my pants legs and hook my string on them. Been using them for years now and don't think i could keep my bow from falling with out them.
          genius!!!

Comment

In a blind I lean it against the wall.

In a tree stand I remove the bow quiver and lay the bow in my lap. The bow lays in your lap much better without the quiver on it.

Comment

I don't see why you can't still hang it in a hook? I did it all the time with longbows...the hook just need to be higher

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                In a blind I lean it against the wall.

In a tree stand I remove the bow quiver and lay the bow in my lap. The bow lays in your lap much better without the quiver on it.
                Mine actually lays better with it on.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                  I don't see why you can't still hang it in a hook? I did it all the time with longbows...the hook just need to be higher
                  I have hooks at a couple of my stands. The other one doesn't have a good limb in the right place, so made the "boot" holder. I hold mine quite a bit but it is nice to have a place to put or hang the bow on those long or cold sits.

Comment

I'm lucky enough to have a horizontal limb on the right of my treestand seat with some crooks and turns that almost naturally hold my bow perfectly with a nocked arrow. I secured the set-up a little better by using some over-sized rubber-coated twist tie type things from Home Depot to make two little yokes to set the limbs in. Hope to hunt tomorrow morning, and will take a pic to show the set-up.

Comment

Here's pics. Called "Gear Tie".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

I like tradtiger's idea. Another version of that (cheaper version for me) is to cut pieces of romex and make your own gear ties. I have a bunch of extra wire laying around from various projects. These also work great to secure stuff to the hooks/rails in your truck bed! I also like that I can cut them to whatever length I want.

Comment

In my ground blinds I use a stool I made with a swiveling boat seat - each has a bow holder attached. I bought the holders a long time ago and have not seen them around in a while, but it is a piece of 3/4" square tubing with two prongs on one end to hold the bow, and on the other end are two tabs so you bolt it to the plate under the seat. (I also have one on a lock-on tree stand - I attached it under the seat using self tapping screws.) It puts my riser about 6" from the seat on my left side.
                          It is similar to the one in this picture but the prongs are parallel to the ground - not at an angle. It holds my takedown recurve and longbow in the perfect position
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	holder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	24465876
                          Last edited by jerp; 10-11-2016, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                            I sew either one or two clothing hooks on my pants legs and hook my string on them. Been using them for years now and don't think I could keep my bow from falling with out them.
                            That will work!! Thanks for posting that.

Comment

depends on the time of day. mostly holding up right with an arrow nocked.
                              can tell how many times i'v had it hung up and a deer would walk in......

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
                                depends on the time of day. mostly holding up right with an arrow nocked.
                                can tell how many times i'v had it hung up and a deer would walk in......
                                that happened to me this morning before work, had it in my hand for 3 hours and then I hung it up, as I was checking the time on my phone and some emails, I look up and a Doe was trotting by to the feeder, I didn't had enough time to react, she was 17 yards from me at one point.....gotta love hunting

Comment

Working...
                                X