Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

What to do with bow in the stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With my compound I hung it from a hook to my right and never had problems. Can't witg the recurves. We have been just sitting then in our lap for 4 hours at a time and you have to keep a hand on them at all times it seems like and gets your arm stiff. Just seeing what yall do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I hold mine, but this is my first year too...and I'm looking for other options myself!!

Comment

A do it yourself bow holder rack

Comment

I use a stake in the ground type bow holder. We don't have many trees so most of our hunts are in pop ups.

Comment

I do this a lot:

That is right now, as I am sitting in the blind. In my Krivoman blind, I nock the arrow, and lay the bow on the ground in front of me.

I not worried about movement because I have netting in all the windows.

If I'm in a tree stand or ladder stand, it pretty much sits on my lap the whole time.

Bisch

Comment

Good luck on the hunt.

Comment

Need to find a better option myself

Comment

Lap!
                Attached Files

Comment

My son's bow, we just hang with bungee cord from top pole of pop up. Pretty easy and cheap. I got a pack of camo bungee "bow holders" for 2.99. Lol

Just saw it was posted in traditional forum. Sorry his is a wheeled bow.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by jbarr; 10-09-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Comment

In a ground blind I lean it against the wall, in any other stand I have it across my lap.

Comment

Eat more cheeseburgers and get it to where you can put the string under your gut lap.

Comment

I sew either one or two clothing hooks on my pants legs and hook my string on them. Been using them for years now and don't think I could keep my bow from falling with out them.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Across my lap.

Comment

That hook thingy is a pretty slick idea! I have a "boot" I made out of pvc that's attached to the side of one of my stands. It hold my bow vertical out to my side where I can reach it with minimal movement. I'll get a pic next time I hunt there.

Comment

Working...
                              X