What to do with bow in the stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With my compound I hung it from a hook to my right and never had problems. Can't witg the recurves. We have been just sitting then in our lap for 4 hours at a time and you have to keep a hand on them at all times it seems like and gets your arm stiff. Just seeing what yall do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I hold mine, but this is my first year too...and I'm looking for other options myself!!

Comment

A do it yourself bow holder rack

Comment

I use a stake in the ground type bow holder. We don't have many trees so most of our hunts are in pop ups.

Comment

I do this a lot:

That is right now, as I am sitting in the blind. In my Krivoman blind, I nock the arrow, and lay the bow on the ground in front of me.

I not worried about movement because I have netting in all the windows.

If I'm in a tree stand or ladder stand, it pretty much sits on my lap the whole time.

Bisch

Comment

Good luck on the hunt.

Comment

Need to find a better option myself

Comment

Lap!
                Attached Files

Comment

My son's bow, we just hang with bungee cord from top pole of pop up. Pretty easy and cheap. I got a pack of camo bungee "bow holders" for 2.99. Lol

Just saw it was posted in traditional forum. Sorry his is a wheeled bow.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by jbarr; 10-09-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Comment

In a ground blind I lean it against the wall, in any other stand I have it across my lap.

Comment

Eat more cheeseburgers and get it to where you can put the string under your gut lap.

Comment

I sew either one or two clothing hooks on my pants legs and hook my string on them. Been using them for years now and don't think I could keep my bow from falling with out them.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Across my lap.

Comment

That hook thingy is a pretty slick idea! I have a "boot" I made out of pvc that's attached to the side of one of my stands. It hold my bow vertical out to my side where I can reach it with minimal movement. I'll get a pic next time I hunt there.

Comment

Working...
                              X