No announcement yet.

500 arrows a week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just think being sore would cause form issues so if that's the case for the op then don't get hung up on a number. Shorter but more focused and productive sessions might be better than numbers. I know starting to shoot after shoulder rehab just 5 to 10 arrows was all I could hack at a time but I focused on each one, took my time and made sure I quit on a good one. Or if I couldn't get a good one going just let it go and try again tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
      *sigh* This may not happen. I'm up over two hundred shoots with the 60 I sent down range tonight and the middle of my upper back between my shoulder blades is just stupid sore. I don't want to but I'm going to have to take tomorrow off from shooting and let things rest.

Richard.
      Gotta build up to it. If somebody came on here and said, starting tomorrow they were going to do 500 squats a week, 500 curls a week or drink 500 beers a week everybody would say the same thing - If 500 is your goal give yourself a couple of months to get there. You have to give your bow muscles time to adapt to what you are demanding of them. Your dedication is admirable, but too much too fast can be counterproductive.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        Word of warning, 500 can be mentally taxing on your brain and possibly your shoulder. Listen to both. Break it up into smaller sessions.
        It bears repeating.

Comment

Working...
        X