500 arrows a week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500 arrows a week.

New goal set for myself. If I want to start gaining ground in the traditional world I've got to start putting in more time with a riser in my hands. So this week I get all the little nit-noid things out of the way and starting Sunday I'm planning on shooting 500 arrows a week. If I can do this for a month I'm sure two things will happen.

1) My accuracy should improve
    2) I'll be better able to hold a full draw for a longer period which means...
    2.1) I'll get into my 45lb limbs sooner.

Wish the rookie luck!
    Richard

Keep the quality with the quantity and you'll be fine.

Comment

Perfect practice makes perfect. Not sure I can get in 500 but I can do 250 a week. Let's do this!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Picking up a Samick Sage on Monday. I will have me a recurve to go with my Sarrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
          ^THIS !!!^

There was a time for a very long period of time, when I would shoot my bow in the mornings for 2 hours before going to work.

I carried my bow, and a bag target with me to work, and found a place to shoot (often at road side rest areas) during my lunch break.

When I got home I shot my bow until dinner time. I shot my bow after dinner until time to get ready for bed.

When my work forced me to stay out overnight, my bow & bag target were always with me. I always found a way/place to shoot, even in my motel room if no other choice presented itself.

I shot all weekend every weekend in one way or another, whether it be at a competition, hunting, or just shooting at home.

I don't know how many arrows a day it would average out to be, but it would be a lot.

If I got tired, I rested. If my concentration wandered, I rested.
          If I could not pull it back together after resting, I quit for the day.

Yes, I was completely eat up with it, but it pays off.

Rick

Comment

Am reminded of an old fraternity saying: "Perfect practice prevents p--- poor performances by pledges." Not saying you're like a pledge, but, rather to remember to use good form to ingrain good habits. Also, for building drawing muscles, I have found that coming to full draw and holding it for a 10-Mississippi-count before shooting helps quickly in getting toned up. Maybe Rick will chime in on how to muscle up, since he shoots a 100-lb bow.

Comment

I am lucky if I get in 100 a week. When I started, I probably shot 200+ a week though.

Word of warning, 500 can be mentally taxing on your brain and possibly your shoulder. Listen to both. Break it up into smaller sessions.
              Last edited by SwampRabbit; 10-05-2016, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Everything they said x2.

Comment

Two things that greatly improved my shooting was proper back tension and a secondary anchor.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                    Two things that greatly improved my shooting was proper back tension and a secondary anchor.
                    cha ching, money answer, when I learned a second anchor my shooting consistently improved greatly, all I did was when I released I would flow my hand to my ear lobe everytime then let the process take over

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                      cha ching, money answer, when I learned a second anchor my shooting consistently improved greatly, all I did was when I released I would flow my hand to my ear lobe everytime then let the process take over
                      That's exactly what I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                        That's exactly what I do!
                        its crazy how something simple greatly improves a skill

Comment

I don't now if it counts as a second anchor or not but if I don't end my shot with my fingertips resting on my shoulder I know I didn't do something right.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                            This^^^^^^^^

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                              I don't now if it counts as a second anchor or not but if I don't end my shot with my fingertips resting on my shoulder I know I didn't do something right.

Richard.
                              That would not have anything to do with anchor. That is follow through.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X