Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Longbows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doug pretty much nailed it. The way I see it, you have two basic choices. You can just buy one, figure out if you like it, if you don't, sell it and buy another. Or, you can try other folks bows, or visit a bunch of different bowyers until you find something you like. It is going to be hard to buy one on a single recommendation and get lucky enough for that to be "the one."

When I was looking, there was a bow that more than a few folks recommended. I got really excited and thought that was going to be the bow I'd like. Got to try one in the specs I would have ordered... and I was... well, disappointed. I shot a couple other bows that were much better. Then there was "the one." Turned out it was a recurve... but it felt so right that I had to have it. I have since tried even more longbows and there is one that I tried a few months ago that was awesome. It could very well be the next composite longbow I buy... but I'd have to find it used because they are not made any more.

The point I guess I am trying to make is everybody is different. You gotta shoot them to find out what suits you. It sounds like a cliché... but its true.

Comment

Working...
    X