Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Striker Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
    Samick makes some of the fastest recurve limbs in the business, via their trad-tech lineup, the samick sage longbow will be just as fast as the striker and much cheaper, that's why I mentioned it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speed on a trad bow is at the very bottom of my list. I shoot dragster compounds. So the fastest trad bows speed is going to be unimpressive to me. That I I generally run 11 grains per pound on one anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      I don't know... I feel like most bows beg to be taken afield. Whether that is stomping through the think brush of South Texas, leaned up against a youpon on a 3D course in East Texas, or hauled up an oak out in the hill country.

I cringed a little (oh hell, a lot!) when I put a few dings into my $1200 bow. But now I look back at it and I think upon it differently now. That bow begs to be taken out and bear the scars that come from being carried in the outdoors.

To me a "beater" bow is something you let somebody new to the fray borrow, because you don't know what is going to happen to it and you are not attached to it in any form or fashion.

Understood but I'm not that way. I actually regret buying that over $1400 Bob Lee now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
        Speed on a trad bow is at the very bottom of my list. I shoot dragster compounds. So the fastest trad bows speed is going to be unimpressive to me. That I I generally run 11 grains per pound on one anyway.

I gotcha, I'm just a nerd when it comes to tuning and what speeds I like for what trajectory I like my arrow to be when it's released from my string, if you want a knock around bow with nice aesthetic lines the striker will do that, I had one, but their are so many other great bows at a cheaper price, I bought it because it was a beautiful bow, but the performance doesn't equal out what the price is

I would A recommend a metal tradtech Titan riser with ilf tradtech longbow limbs if you want something that looks pretty and don't mind scratching it, that's what I currently have also and it's out performs all of my bows, even my bob Lee , but I still use my bob Lee as my main hunting bow because they are made 30 mins from me and I love the woods on it

Comment

Working...
        X